Hay all. Just wondering if anyone has put a race chip in there paseo? If so what would anyone recomend?

I'm wanting to boost the BHP as much as possible.

Any thoughts are welcome

As said - there was one company in America that used to remap the first gen Paseo ECU's, but seeing as you're in the UK and most likely have a second gen, that company has long shut down, and their prices were ridiculous, it probably wouldn't be feasible.

Have a search through the forum, there's several people modifying their N/A 5E's, and there's always the forged induction route too

Get yourself a Corolla 4EFE inlet manifold (different to the Starlet 4E manifold) as thats a prime source of more air. Get yourself a perfomance panel filter (TRD and the likes). Exhaust systems help, along with an OBX 4-2-1 Manifold (which I want.. when funds say yes).

There are easy routes to go. Enzo above, is making a kit for the 4EFE engine to produce more power from a standard N/A, maybe some parts will fit the Paseo.. its something I have been thinking about for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah i must say there's quite a few things you can do to the potato, your better off getting the carbon shielded air filter job though best part of £150. I've just fitted the denzo sparkys and with 9mm iridium leads performance has improved, Tip Have the cat and silencer out, yes it's noisey but i found it was so much better to run, atm i'm running @ 23.5mpg, just something to look out for when you do that. I'm getting the OBX exhaust (iminent) order from america, save yourself £40.

• 1 month later...

Yh, I no that booklet thing that your on about. I got given it with the log book when I bought the car. I'll look into all your comments. Just started as a parts manager at Nissan and I'm getting quite a few contacts to do with people that tune and can get there hands on parts for pritty rare imports or any oldish car, so I have alot of work ahead of me haha

• 3 weeks later...

apparently, and i don't know if this has been dyno proven or not but, you gain about 10 bhp by utilising the corolla manifold. in conjunction with an after-market exhaust and air filter. for what it's worth when i swapped my mani for the corolla one it felt the difference in the lower end of the rev range, much more pull (this is measured with my highly accurate bum dyno). probably fitting ITB's to my 'seo by the end of the week so if you want a corolla manifold you are more than welcome to mine.

• 1 month later...