Hi, im new to this site having just bought a starlet 97 reg yesterday just as a temp car for like 6 months. very nice car so far and not too bad for speed. mines standard apart from a few little bits and pieces like a turbo timer, ebc discs/pads, boost gauge, bov, and a cat back exhaust with standard mani and cat, couple things done to the engine mounts and bushes as well. anyway can someone please tell me how to sort the turbo lag issue out because its awful atm..If anyones feeling extra helpful i would also like to know if it would be a good idea getting a decat and ss manifold and fm intercooler; and will the fmi without having a remap worsen the lag even more? all this without touching the ecu by the way,

Hello mate welcome to the club :)

First of all is your standard manifold ok? no cracks etc if you still have the heat shield on the mani take it off and have a look that could be part of your turbo lag!

If the manifold is ok then i would change the standard actuator on the turbo as they are very week and can not hold boost.Also check other things like vacuum pipes for leaks etc.