Another Untrusted Seller Dre's Ep82 On Tggt And Various Ebay

Basically here's how the story goes, it is a long one, I bought a gearbox from â??Dre's EP82â? eBay â??tanlam2â?ÂÂwhich I seen advertised on eBay, similar to the other one he has for sale below!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Glanza-...item1c12a41665

I bought it back at the end of March and travelled a 280 mile roundtrip in order to collect it, hereâ??s the original ad;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=120548736537

Basically this guy sold me a duff box and is making it very difficult for me to satisfy "his needs" in order to get my refund, which I am very suspect as to whether he would ever give me one anyway, he is not to be trusted one bit.

Here is an extract from the messages we sent before I agreed to buy the box;

To: tanlam2

Subject: buyitfromme33333 has sent a question about item #120548736537, ending on 29-Mar-10 12:27:55 BST - Toyota Glanza EP91 + Gearbox Bargain etc etc !!!!

Sent Date: 27-Mar-10 13:27:39 GMT

Dear tanlam2,

How much do you want for the Glanza gearbox and what condition is it in?

Thanks

- buyitfromme33333

Dear buyitfromme33333,

Hey mate the box is 100%mint with no crunch or nothing like that to be fair. I've only taken it out because I had a deal with bother engine and gearbox so that's the reason y I'm selling it. â??

tanlam2

Trusting this information and going on his 100% feedback I took the journey in order to collect the box and agreed to pay £150, met the guy and took the box home, the next week I had it fitted by a local garage/mechanic because I didnâ??t fancy spending the day laying on my back in gearbox oil. When I collected the car I was told that the 3rd gear synchro was completely shot and I mean it will hardly go into 3rd even if you change gear very carefully without a crunch, I was very annoyed now given that I had spent £150 on the box, £45 in fuel, £20 on gearbox oil and £100 to the garage, meaning my total loss is £315. I phoned him immediately and was told he was away in London and would sort a refund when he got back, he tried to tell me that the gearbox was fine etc but then admitted that the gearbox synchro would not have worn while it was in the boot of my car! We then agreed on a refund.

Ian at CRD sorted me out with a great box and I took the option to have Kev in Droitwich fit the box at a further £100 on the thinking that the seller who coincidentally was in the Caribbean for a month could then pick the damaged box up from Kevâ??s workshop which is roughly 30 minutes away from him to make it easier FOR HIM!! He responded that he was away etc and would again sort it when he came back; I emailed him yesterday to tell him where we stand as I was getting severely pissed off by this point, and even when writing this I am nearly smashing my fingers through the keyboard.

Now suddenly he does not have transport for a hour trip maximum to pick up his box and wants me to get it to him when I live close on a 300 mile roundtrip and he has wasted nearly £300 of my money in buying another box, travel costs, fitting etc, hereâ??s an extract from the messages and as you can see I have given him every opportunity to pay up so I donâ??t have to do this. I have been in contact with Consumer Direct and I am protected by Consumer Law as the item was â??not as describedâ?ÂÂ.

I have sent the below and been forced into this thread;

From the bottom up;;;;;

Dear tanlam2,

You said to me in a message that the box was "100% fine without any crunches" which is why I travelled up to you, I trusted you and now I feel let down especially knowing that you have been in the mix with the Starlets for a number of years. Going from your post on TGGT where you were saying that you were having trouble getting an EP91 engine running which you had bought, what I bet happened was you bought the EP91 engine with a box and then sold it to me hoping that it would be ok, which it wasnâ??t.

You can collect the box when ever you want to, be it this week or in a number of weeks time, Kevin has it safe there for you, I'm sure somebody you know could spare a hour of their time to pop you down to collect it.

Anyway, as I said I'm at the end with this now so either do the right thing and refund me or you will force me into doing things which I really donâ??t want to do, were both into the EP's etc and you clearly do a lot of trade with them, why jeopardise this over a £150 refund for a broken box?

buyitfromme33333

Dear buyitfromme33333,

Right now you are just over exaggerating with this all to be honest. I sold the gearbox that came off a running ep91 never felt no crunches or jumping out of gears etc so ow could I have listed that there was a problem with the gearbox?

I had around 3 different gearboxes so why would I have given you one intentionally knowing it wasn't working 100% good working order knowing you lived that far away dude. All I'm trying to say to you is that I am not. Currently driving at this moment so I'm unable to collect the box from where it is which is the only reason why I'm telling you that if the box gets to me then I will refund you straight away. The box means something to me because I can rebuild the box so that's why I would want it back. Dats all I'm trying to explain to you.

Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

Dear tanlam2,

Can you not grasp that I live nearly 300 miles away from you and I have left the box local to you for you to collect? I am fed up now so either refund me by 5:00 tonight through my paypal or I will be posting over all the forums which you use, reporting your pistonheads adds, eBay adds, Paypal, solicitors, trading standards and small claims court including for the travel, fitting and gearbox oil etc etc which I wasted. Trading Standards law states that the item sold must be as described and I have your original Text and eBay messages saying thatâ??s it was "100% fine , no crunching". I have a letter from a qualified mechanic to verify that the gearbox was installed correctly and that it was broken before it was installed.

Play is as you will but I wonâ??t be wasting any more of my time, you have the option to end this now or force me into doing something which is going to harm your reputation.

- buyitfromme33333

Mate to be honest I think its more than fair for u to return the box and I will sort the refunds out for you because I won't be able to pick it up.

Dear tanlam2,

Any response to this? The box is waiting for you to collect and I am waiting for my refund.

- buyitfromme33333

That's not a problem to be fair. The box is worth somethin to me as I can repair it. I no its a hassle to drop the box off but it will be much appreciated if u could let the box get back to me and the money will be there for u mate.

Dear tanlam2,

To be honest its only 20 just over 20 miles down the road from you and its a broken box which is only worth scrap/spares money so I donâ??t even see it as a big loss for you if you didnâ??t go and get it.

I would have brought the box up to you after Kev and I put the new one in but you were out of the country, as I say the box is there for you to collect and I will be standing by my next Friday deadline before I take some action.

Iâ??d much prefer this just get sorted between us I donâ??t want hassle and I am sure you donâ??t either, the box was broken I returned it to within 20 miles of you because you were away and now I want my money back, I see this as 100% fair and the correct way to go about it.

- buyitfromme33333

Hey mate. I fully understand what you are saying to me. Its more than fair if the box could get delivered back to me then we could sort the refund out for the box with no problem but I haven't got a transport to get down to where ever it is now to be honest mate.

Dear tanlam2,

Hello,

Just so we know where we are, I have had the box you sold me replaced with another working box and your box is currently at;

(Saws & Mowers?- more info » 1 Wassage Way, Hampton Lovett, Droitwich, Worcestershire WR9 0NX? - 01905 778 368?)

Where Kevin has it ready for you to collect, I think that I have been extremely patient with this whole ordeal having had to travel to you (280 miles), fit the box myself using my time and fuel and then have to find another box and go through it all again, the first time when I called you, you were in London and the second time out of the Country for a number of weeks, which I donâ??t doubt you have been but I do think that this needs to be closed now so here is where I am, the box is ready for you to collect, your back at the end of this month so I will allow until Friday 4th June for the refund of £150 to reach my Paypal address dai_turbo1@btinternet.com if it doesnâ??t then I will assume that you are not going to refund me and take action i.e. posting my experience over the forums etc...

I know this all sounds a bit harsh but I want to be clear of where we both stand and only want it to be dealt with as it should be, you get the box back and I get my money back.

Cheers

Dave

buyitfromme33333

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Enzo

hi dave weve known about this too. this guy is a lot sinister then people might think

a certain member who wishes to rename nameless at this point belives this guy has stolen his ep82 and is breaking the car selling the parts,

in hindsight we should have actualy posted up this information as soon as it was made publicaly aware.

for us though on uksc, we have already cheacked his email address and user names with no maches on here.

if you type his email address into google it brings up a score of info about him and past sales/swindles

Guest ep82_girl

not good :p how can someone with the same car rip you off?? thought people on forums could be trusted dont seem that way anymore

xxx

Ill turn up in person at his house butt I aint fussed at all.

:o

finish oky before you go up there incase you get arrested :D lol i can bale you out then lol!

xx