Squeaky Fanbelt...or Is It?

Been driving my Glanza about and noticed every now and again it seems theres an ear splitting squeak coming from the engine bay...so straight away you'd assume its the fanbelt. But now my Dad has just thrown a spanner in the works and got me worrying...he said it could be the water pump bearing making the noise?! Is that a common fault or not? And how easy is it to change the fanbelt on a Glanza?

vayyy turkum benim ;) ye i had same problem with paseo changed timing belt..but before that my waterpump was gone as well got it replaced and was good...does it only make the noise when you start up the car?

vayyy turkum benim ;) ye i had same problem with paseo changed timing belt..but before that my waterpump was gone as well got it replaced and was good...does it only make the noise when you start up the car?

Yeah when you first start it up after being sat still with the engine warm for more than about 10 mins. However, it didnt do it this morning when I started it up. I'll go start it now and see if it happens

look at the belt inside of it and you mite be able 2 tell bro if its gone or not wen i was driving my alternator belt snapped on road then battery light came on im thinking wtf why is it on opened it up saw belt gone so ye check anyway and if you do change you have to tighten it within a weak just a bit

i had exactly the same problem.

it only does it when the car is fully warmed up and at idle revs. then after some time it gotta looser and used to sometimes screech loudly when driving especially in the wet.

its was the fan belt that was loose, needed a bit of tightening. very easy job. check the condition of the belt while your doing that might need changing

if that doesn't help I also herd starlets belts squeak when idle rpm is too low, below 750. so raise the rpm slightly to 800-850 and it will go away. ;)

itl be your aux belt.

generally caused by it being stretched and needs re-tightening. could be caused by oil leak, muck from the road, might have a leaky p/s pump so id just check these aswell.

id be extremely suprised if the water pump, they generally making more of a grinding crunchy noise when they go anyhows

just be careful when re-postioning and tighting the alternator as the top adjustment bolt snaps extremely easily....