its really not as simple as you may think mate.

you cant use the ct9 manifold with the 5e. or the ct9 for that matter, its too small. therefore you need a new downpipe.

answer to thatr is a new turbo kit.

theres a grand right there.

then you need new rods. 5e rods are not good enough. thats another 500 quid.

new turbo will probably require new pistons for the higher boost. thats 350 quid.

you need to have the block notched for the pistons. another 100 quid.

you also need the 4e flywheel re drilled to fit the 5e as the crank is different.

more money.

im working on one now. and i have to say, the ammount of money i am spending is obscene. i wish i hadnt started.

unless you are aiming at HUGE power. id steer clear of the 5e.

4e is a good block. and is capable of making alot of power.

ok i dont think it will cost an arm and a leg to anyone that is compitent and capable of building an engin like you shaun.

i intend on building mine from scratch myself.

and it all depends on what results your trying to achieve,

if you start with a 5efhe engine you dont need the rods as the rods on this engine are way thicker then the fte

a ct9b can stil be used(what i intend on using if i dont have a hybrid)

theres a good chance you wont need to hone the bores aswell,

usa a larger(212 as oposed to 200) 5e flye wheel clutch and presure plate,

i do understand that a 4e is capable of making enuf power but with me i plan on gettin as close to 210-20 bhp the easiest way with the small turbo

and a 5e with 5EFHE rods along with a heavily brethed on head should help me do this on a ct9 with no lag and power straight away for an every day streetable setup

well see how it pans out,

Use a 5E-FHE engine, 4e-fte pistons, 2 cylinderhead packings or a HKS 2mm packing. Grinded Camshafts. A turbo to fit 240 HP and a other exhaust manifold. And a custom exhaust system. And of course a other ECU.

The 5e engine fits on the 4e gearbox. So you just need a other clucht.

That will give you 200 HP with 0.9 bar. 13 lps. At least. Remember not to push the engine to the edge, when driving at high speeds, or you pistons wont hold to it.

Good look.

Use a 5E-FHE engine, 4e-fte pistons, 2 cylinderhead packings or a HKS 2mm packing. Grinded Camshafts. A turbo to fit 240 HP and a other exhaust manifold. And a custom exhaust system. And of course a other ECU.

The 5e engine fits on the 4e gearbox. So you just need a other clucht.

That will give you 200 HP with 0.9 bar. 13 lps. At least. Remember not to push the engine to the edge, when driving at high speeds, or you pistons wont hold to it.

Good look.

i like the sound of that, seems like a good setup,is this what your running ???