Ok getting the Cams reprofiled to a mild road cam standard, but need new shims and was at the Toyota garage and they need to know what size of tappets i need.

Does anyone know the clearances for the Inlet and the exaust? My engines a 4E-FTE EP-82 if it helps :D

Ok getting the Cams reprofiled to a mild road cam standard, but need new shims and was at the Toyota garage and they need to know what size of tappets i need.

Does anyone know the clearances for the Inlet and the exaust? My engines a 4E-FTE EP-82 if it helps B)

look under your bonnet valve clearances should be on a sticker this is what you need to do

you need a good set of feeler gauges set cam lobs one at a time measure clearance ie if 0.20mm feeler blade will slide in but 0.23mm will not you then know that your clearance is 0.21mm or0.22mm write this down all shims come in 0.05mm increments after you have measured all your valves you need to remove your shims on the under side you will find the shim size if not you will need a metric micrometer to measure the shim... So if a valve clearance should be 0.30 and your measured clearance is 0.22mm and your shim measures 2.35mm you need to round down in 0.05 increments this would mean that you need a 2.25mm shim for this valve... if valve clearance is to large you round up... a cheap way to get a collection of shims is go to a scrap yard most toyota engines use the same diameter shims if you by your shims from the dealer

first see if you can swop any shims around you will usually only have to buy one or two shims hope this helps.. :D:DB)

steve w