Boost Derestriction...or Not!

Just tried de-restricting the boost in 1st & 2nd on my Glanza, and all that I managed to do was get it boosting to 15psi and hitting fuel cut?! I did it exactly as the picture describes and thats what happened. Shit my pants though because when I put it back to how it was 4 miles down the road, it ended up with a flat spot and seemed a little bit down on boost even though the gauge was still saying 11psi. Then the engine management light came on, so I stopped turned it off, turned it back on and it seems to have cured it and gone back to how it was. Pretty lucky really!

Any ideas why it didn't work?

I'm not sure yet because I still need to de-restrict mine. But I know what when you hit fuel cut it will run on say half fuel as a safe guard. By turning your car off and on again will reset it, so I'm pretty sure you haven't damaged anything.

By the way, was it fun having high boost in 1st and 2nd? :) Can't wait to do mine!!

What other mods do you have?

If you've got a boost gauge I know you can watch it, then change gear before 1bar, I think that's when you hit fuel cut.

I know someone that does this, they refuse to buy a FCD lol so they just keep an eye on the boost.

Well it clearly did work if you're boosting fully in 1st and 2nd, that's what the restriction stops. However if you're now hitting fuel cut becuase of it then best to leave it restricted until you have suitable mods to deal with getting round the fuel cut.

If your still running the standard actuator then this is most prob the problem, the original actuator springs get tired and become weak over the years and arent able to hold boost as well as they should, get a HKS adjustable actuator that has a stiffer spring and then take the restriction off, hope this helps :)

you will hit fuel cut if you have new up rated exsuast system air filter mani ect a hks fcd or jam fcd will stop it doin that it just tricks the ecu but please get your fuling checked wen you put it in a lot of them pop cause fuelin is all wrong