same probs with the gt shell

do you have tints on the front as they put extra strain on the motors and feck them but switches are prone to go on them, on my gt the switches and the motors are gone so need to replace both.

the best way to check if the motors are the prob is to take off the door card unplug the plug for the motor that attaches to the switch and get a booster pack and simple really connect a piece of wire from the red + of the booster to the red wire of the plug and the black - of the booster to the green wire of the plug if there is no movement from the window the motor has had it or you could connect the wires the otherway reversing the polarity and see if it moves then if there is movement from the motor then its your switches that are away :).

colin.

1) Check the fuses at drivers footwell And engine bay (not sure where is tbh)

2) whip the door card off and see if there is power getting to the switch and motor connector

3) apply direct power to the motor

After doing that ull know exactly what's wrong, the switches don't usually go unless uve got water in them 90% of the time the carbon bushes in the motor have gone

After doing that ull know exactly what's wrong, the switches don't usually go unless uve got water in them 90% of the time the carbon bushes in the motor have gone

true but it would be very unlucky to have both motors go on the same day!! and one going wouldnt affect the other so must a fuse or wiring/swith defect IMO!!

Cheers guys for the info and advice :) i will get my uncle to help me look behind the door card and see whats going on with both my windows :p, yep i have got tinted windows, but have had them since i got the car. They both opened fine couple of days ago, but then they decided to stay up since then lol. Hmmmm on the case!!

yes i'm with rob seems like a switch have you tried seeing if the passenger window goes down with its switch shell instead of trying it from the drivers side as if not could just be the drivers switch away.

We was looking for the Elecy window fuse, is there such thing? lol First we thought it might be the switch itself, so took out my bros switches from his SR and tried mine, but works fine. But yeah we checked all the fuses and nothing was wrong, so we ripped the doorcard out disconnected and reconnected. Also checked the relay, everything seems to be fine. So had no clue, put everything back together and then a miracle the windows worked!! :s

I have a clifford alarm in my car, it auto closes my windows when you arm the car, but now....... when i arm the car, the windows don't auto close............... hmmmmm......... what is going on?