Skoda Fabia Vrs

What's your opinion on these car's?

Hoping to have my Glanza sold asap and once gone im seriously considering one of these.

Don't seem to be to many up for sale in Scotland, if anyone knows of a garage or private seller in Scotland do let me know.

they have their issues but i would seriesly consider one,

they are slightly heavy and num with stearing but are uber rappid after a decent remap, 180bhp is possible but as its a diesel the torque is out of this world at that power,

dont let the slow standard 0-60 fool you neather.

a mates remaped one has no trouble keeping up with my red glanza at 1 bar(190ish) up to the ton, been welded to the starbos tail many times.

50+ miles to the galon, six speed box, comfy quality interior. and all that lazy torque for eye opening ingear aceleration shocking a lot of bigger cars.

the ibeza tdi uses the same chassis and comes with the same engine but 80 kilos lighter if your interested in keeping things lighter.

I really like them. Saw a nice black one a while back which was lowered and it looked stunning.

As enzo said when mapped they are quick.

I'll try and find a link on youtube of this fabia i was watching

adam

I can give a direct compatison after owning one.

Firstly - Ignore the slow 0-60 times. If you learn how to get it going and can keep it in its power band it will fly.

I had mine mapped to 185hp and 305lb ft torque and it was a monster.

Brakes and suspension mods are a must as the OE ones are poo! (bordering on dangerous)

If you like low slung cars then its a no no as they can be lowered 25/30mm safely. This is due to the long engine design and low sump. I saw someone fit coilovers then shred the sump the same afternoon! not a pretty sight.

Standard Recaro seats are lovely altho the cream gets dirty REALLY easily so a seat cover or leather ones are a lot better.

Standard head unit is weak but speakers are good so just replace the head unit.

Get the car remapped properly - dont be tempted by a tuning box as they are ok for a while but will eventually cause problems - its not worth the initial saving for the hassle later.

Retrofit cruise control if its not got it - it makes long journeys so much easier

Look out for blocked drain holes on the bottom of the doors - its common and will rot the doors if left unchecked

Front door seals should also be checked as they have been known to perish.

Its quite a tunable car and will hold its own against others if tuned right.

Only reason I got rid of mine was because it plagued me with electrical gremlins and fault codes which turned out to be a faulty sensor but by the time I had it fixed I had lost faith in it.

Oh and once rolling they are un-stallable! Any gear, foot off the gas and clutch and it just stays at 700rpm and rolls along - great for edging in traffic or sitting in slow moving traffic at 25mph in 6th :o

Hope that helps

Steve

My mate used to have a Octavia VRS and it was an animal! Half-Leather seats as standard to, was a real comfy ride.

Oh and it's a Skoda so you can get VW and Audi parts that fit as there virtually the same.

My mate used to have a Octavia VRS and it was an animal! Half-Leather seats as standard to, was a real comfy ride.

Oh and it's a Skoda so you can get VW and Audi parts that fit as there virtually the same.

My mum had a mk2 octavia VRS , sold it a couple of months back :D

She never drove it to its potential, but when i drove it , god it was quick off the mark, in 2nd it would take off from just over 1000 RPM all the way to the red line and was bloody fast

Ive actually just bought a fabia vrs, hopefully picking it in the morning. Its a second car so still keeping the starlet. 228torque@1900rpm or something, hope i dont get converted to the dark side haha!

Theres a few popped up for sale up this way lately if your willing to travel, but you`ll probably have to travel for one anyway!