Hi guys,

It's been a while since last looking at a gearbox properly. I'm pretty sure this is an LSD - can anyone confirm? If so, can you recognise which one it is?

bc4abc3c.jpg

Cheers,

Idrees

i dont think it is whats the numbers and bits on it i could be wrong but usually if there is a bar across its non-lsd

• 6 months later...

Yes, get under the car and see the length of the driveshafts.

If they look roughly the same size, it's an optional Toyota LSD. If the drivers side is a good bit longer then it won't be, unless it's an aftermarket LSD fitted to the original gearbox.

The advance didnt come with LSD its alway been an optional extra but if you jack up the front wheels and spin one wheel both will spin in the same direction if its LSD, If you spin it and the other wheel don't move or spins opposite way its none LSD

The advance didnt come with LSD its alway been an optional extra but if you jack up the front wheels and spin one wheel both will spin in the same direction if its LSD, If you spin it and the other wheel don't move or spins opposite way its none LSD

Now that is exciting! I'm sure when I was under it doing the oil the other day they both span the same way when I span the driver's side ^_^

Will have another check tomorrow.

Thanks

If you go around a corner & nail it on the exit & the inside wheel spins its open wheel diff, if it doesnt spin & it just grips its LSD. The way i check is i reverse the car @ about 40kmh & then clutch it while still rolling, & then select first gear while still rolling back & rev it to 4-5000rpm & then drop the clutch, if both wheels spin its LSD. ^_^ Also most LSD cars will clunk a little while turning slow & hard.I feel like goin out & doin a roll back in the GT now. :D