you cant remap the standard ecu, and i dont think there is a chip available.

the only easy way you can do it is the way i was gonna do my 4efe, i had bought a jdm ecu for the starlet (jap spec, which rev to 7200) and tried that, but the wiring was slightly different, so i needed to get it rewired. i never got round to it though.

other than that you could try a corrolla 4efe ecu and see if you can get that to work, im sure they have a higher limit.

i have one at home too... again i bought it for my old 4efe it didnt work when it was just plugged in, it'd probably need rewiring. i'd check to make sure the engine you get it from has the same injectors and stuff though.

.....or get a 4efte. :blink:

you wont get much/any benefit from just raising the rev limit, because peak torque is probably achieved at FAR less than the redline anyway, prob around 5krpm, so revving in any higher would actually be slowing you down anyway. :D

did you actualy own a 4efe eky boy, with those inlet manifolds you find yourself runnin out of revs in the first three gears pretty easily, the limiter is at 6.2k which is gash

there was a mod a while back posted on a paseo site about changing the resistance of one of the quatzs crystel within the ecu but i would not know what rating it would be for a 7.5k redline, would definatly be a bonus, any higher tho and ull start getting vavle slap as the tolerence of the valve springs were not really designed to take any more.

msd make little black boxes for revlimiters, the same with b-r too which dont cost nearly as much as an ecu and limit the spark instead of leaning hte petrol giving a nice flame effect lol

running out of revs, yes, but that doesn't mean you're getting ANY more power, im sure if you look at the peak power graph you'll find its achieved far less than the rev limit, meaning, if you change gear earlier, you'll be within the power band more and as such theoretically be quicker, if you just keep revving and revving the power will be tailing off and you wont actually be gaining anything, most likely you'll be slower.

I've never OWNED a 4efe myself no mate, but that theory is pretty generic throughout all n/a engines, bar a select few ofcourse.

that was directed at ecks,

depends if you like kainin the shit ou of your car phil, ull find once you fit hte mani in th efirst couple of gears ull be hitting the limiter if your not paying full atention,

do a search online for a company called msd, they make revlimiters

and if you really wanted to make the most of it get some fhe cams, they only contain slightly more lift in the duration but every little helps

• 1 year later...