Hi i started my car this morning and noticed a weird clicking noise when i slightly put revs on when idling......

I know i have a dodgy release bearing but had that noise for ages.can anyone have a good guess cheers for help

And ive got a zisco mani and brand new custom exhaust

Could be the gasket leaking if it's just been recently fitted, have a quick check that all the nuts are still tight on both the head to mani and mani to turbo too as it's not uncommon for them to shake loose.

How weird is this?! Mines started doing the exact same thing today!!

It's only when I tickle the throttle, at really low revs - just above idle. It sounds like it's coming from the rear of the engine bay, dead centre but I can only hear it from inside the car.

Let me know if you get to the bottom of this :thumbsup:

Hmmmmm i did have a new back box welded on, on the weekend. Required some shaking to get the old on off so maybe mines come loose around the gasket.

Although it is definitely a ticking noise, would an exhaust leak sound like this?

How weird is this?! Mines started doing the exact same thing today!!

It's only when I tickle the throttle, at really low revs - just above idle. It sounds like it's coming from the rear of the engine bay, dead centre but I can only hear it from inside the car.

Let me know if you get to the bottom of this :thumbsup:

Same with mine its at the back of the engine bay and can only hear it inside the car and ive checked exhaust and thats fine!!!

Same with mine its at the back of the engine bay and can only hear it inside the car and ive checked exhaust and thats fine!!!

If it's back of the engine bay it's probably just the idle control valve, these tick quietly. It's located at the drivers side end of the inlet manifold, there's a plug coming off it, unplug it whilst running and see if the noise stops.

engine mount? - My top drivers side engine mount went and that sounded more like a clicking noise a driveshaft makes except it was only on acceleration and de-acceleration

Exhaust? - My custom exhaust has spring loaded bolts just after the engine and they are currently making a similar noise and need renewing

Just some issues I've had making similar noises

If you unplug the idle control valve it won't be doing anything so obviously won't make a noise, when working it makes a ticking noise. They can be cleaned to help quieten it down but it's not gonna cause any harm other than making a noise.

I got the bottom of my ticking noise :thumbsup:

When i removed the standard air box I had a small valve that came out, i just cable tied it to the front strut bar to tidy it up. This ticks and vibrates through the car :)

I'll find a better place to tie it to now :)