What Do You Think Of Rotas?

Hey guys just bought some rota grids and ive had it from a few people that there shit and what not. Ive done alot of research on these today and they seem fine and that there problems have now been overcome. What are your views?

G look at most of the drift boy's loads of them use em, they cheap enough to buy and when ya hit them dreaded curb's you can buy a new one that day :thumbsup:

JDM wheels are badass but ya paying for the name most of the time

but dude sen ARP headbolts snap clean in two so what that means no one should buy them anymore?

Seen that picture it was due to a loose caliper on the track and it tore the wheel up! I know gaz thats why i went for them lol just think people have a misconception of them!

loose caliper :)

but look at you using BIG long word's, you no you google'd that before posting :D:thumbsup:

don't care what other people think it's your car, you could buy some teddypedobear wheels and as long as you like them thats all that matter's :D

Edited that for you Gaz :)

your not planning on hittin any kerbs are you?? no, no u are not, ergo, nout wrong with Rotas, when i walked round JAE LOADS of Scoobs had them! if u like them Georgie, get them!

personally, if i could pick up a CHEAP set of Rota Auto Xs for winter use i'd have them in a flash! love them!

Phil.

loose caliper :)

but look at you using BIG long word's, you no you google'd that before posting :thumbsup::D

don't care what other people think it's your car, you could buy some teddybear wheels and as long as you like them thats all that matter's :)

nooo lol i looked up all the bad reviews on the net and found a scooby forum that said what happened to it lol

ahh its good to see some good feedback, glad i got them now as the only other ones that looked the same were the rays te37 and ther 1100 quid new without tyres soooo yer my minds made up lol!

Fantastic Wheels and well made. Ignore the shite over the web. Every picture of a rota in bits in a "demotovational" way is posted by an idiot who probably played a fortune to be "JDM tyte y0!".

All the Rota pics all over the web were after the wheels were powder coated at a High temp and/or run into hard shit.

I'd buy Rota's over and Over.... infact I'm splashing out about 600 quid for a set on Thursday.

I found the following thread interesting:

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73984&page=2

Posts 41, 42, 46 and 52...

They are well made wheels and great for their purpose, yes I will admit they copy the styles of other wheels but what do you expect when the other wheels are made in a similar fashion yet cost 2 or sometimes 3 times the price....

cheers dude i shall now show this to anyone who says anything else about rotas being bad lol!

Nothing wrong with them, as said just about every drifter runs them now and there quality and style is definitley improving. Yea they may be copies off high end wheels but its only 25% of people who actually give a shit!

the prices of rota's are rising, meaning they are nearer and nearer to the cost of the genuine article.

they are poorly made in comparison, yes. fine for most people, but they'll always be copies of the real deal, and i'd rather support the original manufacturers, who actually spend the time and money developing original styles. that is personal preference though, do whatever you want to do at the end of the day, it's your money.

i do find it amusing when people use the fact that drifters use stuff as a positive thing. drifters break stuff, alot. they use stuff that is either free, cheap or easily replacable. the majority of them have sponserships with rota or whatever other similar brand you want to name, meaning they get them heavily discounted, or free. this doesn't mean the wheels are good, just that they get a very good deal on them. they'd prob drift on dinner plates if someone gave them a good enough deal on them.

i think people slate them because like youve just said Rubix its "internet gossip" they hear one story and think well they must be crap then, dont think they actually look into the real reasons as to why the wheels may have failed in which ever way