Recently ive had a noise that sounds just like a boost leak, but the thing is that the cars running fine and is still boosting ok, the bracket on the top of the intercooler was broken which resulted in a silicone boost pipe being worn through, now the intercoolers fixed and ive replaced the silicone pipe, but the noise is still there, its a really high pitch squeal just like a boost leak. I cant hear it at full boost but that may just be as the exhaust is loud.

I thought i was the bov leaking so ive changed that for one that was fine in my gt, but made no difference.

Maybe a inlet mani gasket?

Any help will be good

Thanks Jack

I get the same noise on mine, but still seems to pull hard on boost. I'm using the standard actuator.

After removing my air box, that's when i heard the noise. I'm thinking its always made the noise, just i haven't heard it.

Is it normal to hear this? :)

Cheers Luke

I have a high pitched squealing noise to when accellerating, I have checked intercooler pipes and replaced alternator belt but its still there but I think I have tracked it down to my fuel pump as the squeal is comming from the rear, I hope its not on its way out? Its very annoying sound

..but I think I have tracked it down to my fuel pump as the squeal is comming from the rear, I hope its not on its way out? Its very annoying sound

Bare in mind before diving in that Walbro fuel pumps generaly emit a slight buzz/wine. You may not have one but first check is there

I had a boost leak for about 6 months, took me sooooooooooo long to find.

Car boosted fine, just made that boost leak wistle.

In the end I replaced all the clamps and found the leak. So yeah dont rule out the intercooler yet, take it all off and refit, also check for traces of water in the pipes, thats how i found where mine was leaking.