Have you removed the fuse for the abs?

You take take the fuse out to stop the abs working i beleive, my mates gt had his removed by previous owner when he was track racing, and i think the light is on.

Yep ABS light has to come on then go off after so many seconds.

Find out why its on maybe a sensor is buggered, not sure on how you test them as mine hasn't got ABS as i guess you do a diagnostics check withese unless you can do a check from ABS unit.

To carry out a diagnostic check, there should be a small black box in the top right hand side of the engine bay with diagnostic written on it,

Open it up and use a paper clip to bridge out pins TE1 and E1 going by the marked grid on the inside of the box lid.

Then switch your ignition on and this will flash your warning lights on the dash.

They will need to be counted to fugure out what number it corresponds to on the diagnostic code chart.

You need to count the number of flashes there is before and pauses, for example

Flash Flash Flash (1 second pause) Flash Flash (3second pause) then back to the 3 flashes again, this will equal code 32.

It may be a bit hard to understand but there is help on here if you are stuck, or drop me a pm.

As for causes it could be, individual sensors, pick up rings on the shafts abs uint itself or even a bad earth but it will need checked first

Hope this helps

Gary