two questions to people that have a jam ecu o even blitz access etc etc

what revs do they make the car idle at?

ive had mine a while now and it seems to idle at about 1200 / 1400 rpm most of the time which i consider quite high and sometimes it will decide to idle below 1000 and im sure when i first fitted it it was idling below 1000rpm.

maybe my choke not working properly or something?

also has anyone had any experience with aftermarket ecus running lean?

ive been putting off getting my fueling checked as the manifold i had on it was blowing and was waiting to get another fitted then go on a rolling road. now ive got a standard ported mani on so im gonna get it checked, just hope i havent been driving round with it running lean :)

From a Blitz user,

My idle settle to a steady 600 - 800 rpm, so yeah yours is high, maybe try you standard ecu to confirm its defo the ecu.

Running lean? never seen one run lean on a rr graph, they richen up top end always. I suspect if it was running lean you would know about it by now. If you need the fueling checked im sure Ricky at Race Tech could sort you out. He has all the wideband bits for doing mapping.

From a Blitz user,

My idle settle to a steady 600 - 800 rpm, so yeah yours is high, maybe try you standard ecu to confirm its defo the ecu.

Running lean? never seen one run lean on a rr graph, they richen up top end always. I suspect if it was running lean you would know about it by now. If you need the fueling checked im sure Ricky at Race Tech could sort you out. He has all the wideband bits for doing mapping.

is there a rr down at race tech? need to see whats going on power wise, ive got a feeling this mani ive got on is a tad restrictive as i noticed straight away that it felt less responsive over the SV one.

From a Blitz user,

As above for idling and running, when you fitted the ecu did you let it idle for 30mins to get base settings or did you fit an then just drive it???

Mines a Blitz too :)

As above for idling and running, when you fitted the ecu did you let it idle for 30mins to get base settings or did you fit an then just drive it???

Mines a Blitz too :)

when i first fitted it i let it idle for about 5 / 10mins before driving. but ive reset it a few times since.

when i first fitted it i let it idle for about 5 / 10mins before driving. but ive reset it a few times since.

Power it down for 30 mins then re install and let idle for 30 mins without touching the throttle, this should help settle it down

John

• 7 months later...

Carl did it work disconecting it for 30 mins then idle for 30 ??

Guys wen i got mine i was told let it idle for 10- 15 then take it easy for awhile then start boosting it . ive herd lots of think about them but i dont no wat i should do realy wat do u think??