Wanted! Ep91 Modifications / Expert Advice

Hi all

I am new here so I'd like to take the oppertunity to introduce myself, so Hello again!

I like to do things properly, I know its a bad start trying to polish a trd, but i didnt have the money for a Turbo so I am making do on my first n/a Starlet in the meantime, familiarising myself with it and seeking advice for sensible mod's.

I am looking for Glanza Body Parts, ie) Bumpers, skirts, and bonnet scoop, Ive looked everywhere for parts, and find ebay costs a fortune, and when I find parts on the forum I like I find replies are mostly posted shortly after origional posts for payment>? I know about the early bird theory guys its just an observation... Anyone know where I can source a Body Kit easily for a fair price?

Are there are any interchangable parts from the higher performance Models that will fit the ep91 n/a that will improve performance?

Can I get an ecu upgrade that I can get remapped to improve bhp?

Please id appreciate any help and constructive advice! Cheers, Jon

Use the search button and have a browse around at the Engine, Suspension & Braking topics for N/As there are a lot of threads and info there!

General info-

- All Glanza body parts are interchangeable and the best place to find them are in the Classifieds section on the forum

- Bug-Eye Corolla 1.3 inlet manifolds fit onto our engines and give a noticeable gain in torque and bhp!

- K&N Panel filter is probably the best bet unless you're upgrading your exhaust system, in which case you should get a Cone filter with an Alloy pipe!

- Plenty of Suspension parts are available on the forums/Ebay/Online Suspensions are interchangeable between Turbos and Non-Turbos but Stock items ARE NOT the same between models! Whiteline Rear ARB and Anti-Lift kits are awesome as well as Front stut brace (which you can get from a GT/Glanza) and Rear brace, which again improve the handling vastly!

- Cheap brake discs are available on Ebay and Greenstuff/Yellowstuff pads along with Braided front lines and DOT 5.1 fluid are a win!

That's the main stuff really, and what I've generally done to mine! Have a look through my build thread in the member's rides section, I'd like to think I've covered most areas, and I now own a well rounded N/A :)

Welcome to the forum - again. Please try to post in the correct sections ie put up a post in the wanted section for the body parts you're after, then you'll also get first refusal on the parts your looing for. :)

No problem I am a bit scatty when navigating myself around these sites as there are so many sections and pages but that's fair enough my bad, I will allways respect users privacy and the need elaiminate unecessary spam! Thanks for yor advice dude I will take heed ;)

Use the search button and have a browse around at the Engine, Suspension & Braking topics for N/As there are a lot of threads and info there!

General info-

- All Glanza body parts are interchangeable and the best place to find them are in the Classifieds section on the forum

- Bug-Eye Corolla 1.3 inlet manifolds fit onto our engines and give a noticeable gain in torque and bhp!

- K&N Panel filter is probably the best bet unless you're upgrading your exhaust system, in which case you should get a Cone filter with an Alloy pipe!

- Plenty of Suspension parts are available on the forums/Ebay/Online Suspensions are interchangeable between Turbos and Non-Turbos but Stock items ARE NOT the same between models! Whiteline Rear ARB and Anti-Lift kits are awesome as well as Front stut brace (which you can get from a GT/Glanza) and Rear brace, which again improve the handling vastly!

- Cheap brake discs are available on Ebay and Greenstuff/Yellowstuff pads along with polished front lines and DOT 5.1 fluid are a win!

That's the main stuff really, and what I've generally done to mine! Have a look through my build thread in the member's rides section, I'd like to think I've covered most areas, and I now own a well rounded N/A :)

Well I couldnt have asked for more, that's really helpfull cheers dude, I allready have a k&n cone applied to the stock intake which is a start, and I agree a ally Tube would sound far better and reduce drag as its smoothed and will fit flush more so that the stock. First thing I will sort now is the bug eye corolla maifold, get a piper exhaust cat back and decat, and buy a lightweight pully set for engine and then focus on the cosmetice side. Want the car to be a good example of tuning, not a catastrophy!

Thanks alot for allyour comments again matey much appreciated ;)

Hi mate,

Welcome along.

I have a 98 spec rear spoiler, and side skirts here if you are interested in them?!

Send me a pm.

John

Thanks for your post, Yes Im interested. I live in Kent though ;) Have you enquiried about postage or courrier costs yet? How much can you do me for just the skirts and spoiler? I could arrange courrier if you havnt allready looked into this.h

Thanks! Jon :)

No worries mate, glad you found it helpful! One thing I'd say is, decats aren't necessarily going to give you better power. At the recent rolling road say two EPs with Stainless Exhaust mani back systems (inc decat) made less power than my car which only has a Cat-back system!

Also, I don't think there are any aftermarket exhausts available, everyone I've heard of has had custom 2" jobbies!