Aprilia Rsv-r Millie 1000

Different bike mate

The RSV Mille R is a lighter, higher spec. version of the standard Mille, introduced in 1999. It features Ã?hlins suspension, an Ã?hlins steering damper, forged aluminum wheels, carbon fibre front mudguard and a shorter subframe for one person use only (no passenger seat).

Yeah mine is a millie-R have a look at the pics lol it has the ohlins brembos carbon etc, i have 2 subframes for it the heavyweight one which is on at the minute and i have the lightweight one which will be going back on when i get back from france. The guy i bought it from has owned it from new and had the other subframe fitted so he could take his girlfriend out on it, the grab handle and rear pegs were the first thing i removed when i got it home lol

• 3 weeks later...

Heading off to Aprilia performance tomorrow to have the bike set up, then i will be riding to dover where i will get the ferry to Calais friday morning. I am not happy as i have had to fit the stupid grab rail again so i can attach the panniers better. I have also bought a video camera which i have mounted to the font of the bike so i can record a bit of footage on the way round.

Day 1 will be going from Calais to Pont a Mousson, Day 2 will be from Pont a Mousson to Baldersheim, Day 3 will be from Baldersheim to Epernay and Day 4 will be from Epernay back to Calais. Really can't wait now, the weather is supposed to be good all weekend too :p

Got home at 22.45 last night, had a nightmare start to the trip when i had a puncture after 20 mins of riding and had to buy a new tyre. Got to Aprilia performance and had the bike set up, what a difference it has made cant thank Griff enough :) set off from Griff's to Dover and got about 10 miles from Dover when my new rear tyre blew out, suffice to say i had a very big tank slapper at high speed!!! not good. I missed 2 ferrys due to the break down company being useless, and managed to get another tyre put on and got over to france for 18:00. Rode straight to Pont a Mousson and got there by 23:30.

However the all of the crap that had happened previously was forgotten when i got up into the mountains, the roads were amazing and hopefully i will have some good video footage i can put up. I have had an amazing weekend and the weather was really hot until we came into dover where it rained all the way until i got about 30 mins from home lol, glad i took my waterproofs.

I will get the few pics i managed to take up in a bit, and i will see if the video worked.