Help Please No Brakes !

Hey evertyone :lol:

Ok so i brought a starlet a while back which i have been doing the body work on and a few lil other things all i did with the brakes was take am off paint them fit braided lines and new washers .

When i bled the brakes i made sure there was no air in any of the system/ I started from furthest brake away to the closest:)

And nothing as soon as i started the car there was no brakes?!

So i changed the master cylinder re bled the brakes started it up and same again?!

Today i checked my clocks as i had no abs light on and there was no bulb so put a bulb in and suprise the abs light is os....

So i checked the abs fuse that is ok and checked my wirring on the abs pump thats fine...

The car pedal goes solid like brakes are ok when the car isnt started

When trying to brake in the car the drivers wheel does try to brake then will lock up when no other wheel does?

Could my abs pump be gone?

Hmmm the same thing happened when me and my mate tryed bleeding his brakes on his golf he had a full pedal when the car wasnt started but soon as he started it the pedal went soft...So my mate took it to a car garage and they pressure bled it as they said it could have an air lock...So they pressure bled it and all was well so mybe you could have the same problem??

• 2 weeks later...

lol right ok so i know no that front drivers and back passenger are holding pressure :S the others do work also when car is not running but when started nothing im gonna buy an abs pump later today and try that

as all lines are now braided and there is no leaks changed the master cylinder.

See what happens once this is fitted lol

ive done it with both engine running and off :wacko: Basicly i think it is the pump ive just brought one so as soon as that arrives ill fit it and see whats what...

The pipe from the servo to the inlet is on and the lil bar that supports the rubber surround on the pipe where it enters the servo is on aswell :S

the car has literally had 6 bottles go through it lol and still no air in the lines what so ever each time ive done it but re done it over and over to check lol yet as soon as i try and brake there is hardly anything till i hit the floor thats when the front driver and the back passenger work the front actually locks up :S

right ook after the new abs pump did nothing for me loli decided to check the washers today .... Now i have two wasyhers on each brake but all the washers look ina very bad way with pressed indentations etc.. Could these cause my problems? im gonna go get some new ones tomorrow and fit them is there any thingelse i can look at whilst imtackling it :(