Corolla Ae82 Gt

I consider myself quite knowledgable when it comes to cars, and tonight whilst having a family meal we were all chatting when the subject of my mums old Corolla GT came up.

Now she was saying how she missed it, how it was really fast, faster than any car she has owned since and so on...then I said yeah, from what I remember it was rapid for a 1.6...especially when Dad drove it! Her reply was no it was a 2.0.

Now my parents aren't together anymore and my stepdad & little brother whos 17 both agree they thought it was a 2.0 as well (the car was sold in 2001 when I was 10 and my mum and stepdad had been together 2yrs or so)

Now at this point I said it cant have been, I'm sure they never put a 2.0 into the old AE80 series Corollas?! She's absolutely adamant it was a 2.0 and even after me searching on Google I can't find such a car!?

So, anyone know anything about this? Please tell me I'm right and she's mistaken? Otherwise I'm gonna feel like a right muppet!!!

Exactly what I said, it was the 1.6 Twincam 4AGE engine!

She still won't beleive me...now she's saying it had an engine conversion. I asked where she bought it and she said from Murley Toyota main dealer in Stratford Upon Avon. Yeah ok then Mum, like a main dealer would sell a engine-swapped AE82!