Hi guys, really interested in going 95, I have a V atm, how much work is envolved in putting the glanza lump into a 95? And are there any extra parts needed? Also would the looms need to be swapped or just the ecu? Thanks guys :o

Hi mate,

To convert an EP*5 to turbo isnt that big of a job tbh, If you are using your glanza as a donor car it will be easier to go with an EP95, you will need the glanza dash and engine loom as well as engine. but keep the EP95 gearbox and transfer box.

The dash board will need removed to change the loom, may be easier with a front exit exhaust also as you will need a custom one if you want to route it along side the propshaft.

Hope this helps

Gary

As Gary said it's alot easier to get an EP95 if you already have a Glanza, that way you can literally swap everything over.

Will you be doing the work yourself or need someone to do it for you?

Never heard of a problem with sump clearance? do you mean clearance with the ground or with another part of the car?

Not done a 5e EP*5 yet, im in the process of building one, not much differnce to be honest just a slightly longer block, but i ahvent thought of any probems i will come across yet

Gary

hi Jay, as conversions go its a straight swap, the only real things to watch out for are the imobiliser box, make sure you swap that over, its located under the dash near the heater matrix and lis litteraly a little black box..

you take the interior loom out as one with the dash (thats how it went in) makes it a lot easier for placing plugs when you put it in your 95. taking this out is a procedure within itself il try and make a guide for it.

taking the engine out as one with the engine loom aswell, stripping all the earths (7 in the bay), lights etc and placing all wiring plus fuse box ontop of the engine, take them all out as a whole

do the same with your v and just swap them round,

you will have to take the transfer case off to the box to get it onto the clutch. its not hard just undo the bolts that hold it onto the gearbox

you can use the standard fual pump in it for up to around the 200bhp mark if you have fualing management.

you will have to use the 4efe ep85 sump and strainer from your donor engine that you have just taken out and tap the oil return from your sump if your really handy,

then sump sealler and torque up the bolts. correctly, (its easy to snap the 12 wee bolts that hold the sumponto the block)

the great thing about the 95 is all the ones have abs like the glanza, so its a case of plug and play everywhere. you dont have to touch the fual pump, you rear interior loom, light loom which is a total bonus.

just watch that you dont snag any wires when taking the engine out.

outwith gaz's build i have a 5e up at his workshop that im gona chuck into my 95 pretty soon probably with stock internals fhe rods and fte pistons to keep the cost down.

i can pull away from a standard evo 5 on its current setup at thhe top end on the autobahn sprint(70-120) so im only after a bit more power and more driveability

ive got loads of pictures for a guide but no time to write it, il try and make some.

where are you based?