Taggys Track Day Slut - Mission To Get Her Sub 7xxkg!

Ace thread. This car almost had me buy a set of those rota track R`s, car looked amazing on them.

You got any more pics or info on your actuator bracket? I had such a fuck about with mine and am 90% sure its not going to work! Im using the subaru actuator though but if your bracket was easy enough i might change mine!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took about an hour to make up the bracket, but it fits quite well. I used the same bracket of my HKS which was used on my CT9 turbo. Didnt need any welding or cutting, i just drilled two extra holes to get it to fit properly.

I will get a picture of it for you tomorrow :)

Pictures of bracket added i made up from original CT9 turbo HKS mount.

It took about an hour to make up the bracket, but it fits quite well. I used the same bracket of my HKS which was used on my CT9 turbo. Didnt need any welding or cutting, i just drilled two extra holes to get it to fit properly.

I will get a picture of it for you tomorrow :)

Pictures of bracket added i made up from original CT9 turbo HKS mount.

Quality, cheers for the pics. You reckon the wastegate will be able to open far enough since it will pull the arm at a bit of angle when it opens yeah?

Its cock on straight when its bolted up, so the actuator pushes the wastegate arm in a straight line. I have pulled on the actuator when its connected and it feels like it will open it enough.

I wont know until i rolling road it though, it shouldnt be long, ill let you know how i get on!

Quality, cheers for the pics. You reckon the wastegate will be able to open far enough since it will pull the arm at a bit of angle when it opens yeah?

Might have a fuck about with mine at the weekend, mine is bound to be doomed already cause the way it is ATM it doesn't even shut the gate properly :) Bodged the shit out of it!

You reckon that one bolt will hold it aye?

• 2 weeks later...

Yep easy

Just added pics of my new painted rocker, just need to put the clutch on and im done!

Might have a fuck about with mine at the weekend, mine is bound to be doomed already cause the way it is ATM it doesn't even shut the gate properly :) Bodged the shit out of it!

You reckon that one bolt will hold it aye?

Updated thread with more info (all pics are on page 1)

Engine bay was cleaned up with gunk, then i completly sprayed it mettalic black, including the sub frame parts and the slam panel on the front, no more rust!!

Exedy Clutch is now fitted

Gearbox is now mounted to engine and she is ready to get cookin!

check out pics on page 1

Big Update!! (posts on page 1)

Got the engine in today, bloody well chuffed and i didnt even use a crane, just a friend who helped me last time, loads of swearing, two jacks and my car on the deck lol.

While i was at it i have stripped out the outer skin of the boot, got a cutter and cut out loads of redundant brackets and crap inside, got out loads of redundant wiring, removed the old crap dials, removed the rest of the aircon carbon unit, plus some more wiring.

Weight saving here we come!!!

Gonna start pluggin it all in tomorrow ;)

i wana go a bit crazy on the weight reduction but cause my cars my daily driver i dont think i cud put up with it lol , looking good tho buddy keep it going ;) soo light that soon youll have to tie it down or some gypsie will pick it up n do a runner with it ;)

The fact my dad has lent me some serious cutting tools may not have been a good thing lol, cutting the boot skin out was so dangerous, had one of them metal saw things that shoots in and out really fast!

This is just my toy car, not my daily any more so i really am gonna goto town on it and see how light i can get it!

i wana go a bit crazy on the weight reduction but cause my cars my daily driver i dont think i cud put up with it lol , looking good tho buddy keep it going ;) soo light that soon youll have to tie it down or some gypsie will pick it up n do a runner with it ;)

Yeah i have been wondering what to do with that, the only problem is that i find it a pain in the ass reading peoples build threads when its spread out over 30 pages of posts, you cant find anything.

It loads quite quick on mine though, does it load slow on everyone elses?

I hate the way you update your build, gotta wait for all the pictures to load from slowbucket on page 1 ;)

Great work though dude, love the effort going into this ;)

stunning is all i can say

this thing is going to be so good

fairplay to you for getting the engine in the old school way lol couldnt imagine doing it without a crane ;)

love the rocker cover too really really stands out mate. cant wait to see this weapon go on trach this year too hehe so excited