Question About Pumping ;)

Was thinking about getting a TD fuel pump for the gt, BUT! What else would I need or is it just fit it and away u go??

Basically its in need of more fuel high in the revs as I feel its lacking power so....... :thumbsup:

This is what ive got so far:

Ported mani/wastegate (ct9)

gutted cat

HKS actuator set at .75-ish creeps to .85-ish (wastegate needs some more porting)

exhaust

FMIC

front mounted air filter

Any help is much appreciated and I apologise if its been asked before :p

Ta

More fuel in the high revs???

I very much doubt that with the boost presures your running.

If anything it will be over fuelling into the 10's AFR (usual on STD setup)

Get a wideband on it and see how its running 1st before spending money on something that isnt needed.

ALSO remember that the CT9 wont give much above 6k rpm, theres no power there or torque!!

ALSO remember that the CT9 wont give much above 6k rpm, theres no power there or torque!!

Yup this is exactly what I feel no power or torque above 6k!! I believed it was the fuel ,dont know why tho lol

If you since ownership haven't replaced your fuel pump, do it!

I for a year was driving with stock pump, and after replacing it with a walbo 255lph, it felt much smoother, almost as if it was lacking something prior.

The TD pumps are based on the walbro 225 which are rated to like 450-500bhp correct me if im wrong ?

Ive got a stock pump running on a td04 setup at 1.4 bar and its been fine (so far) so i very much doubt you need to replace it in all honesty.

One can never be too sure if the pump is potent or impotent. Especially when modification has commenced

See what you meen however ...... i was just pointing out it doesnt necisarily NEED replacing, wouldnt hurt to replace it, allthough wouldnt hurt to leave it either.

See what you meen however ...... i was just pointing out it doesnt necisarily NEED replacing, wouldnt hurt to replace it, allthough wouldnt hurt to leave it either.

Certainly, I see where you're coming from. But if boost pressure is being raised, and history of fuel pump is unknown, it is nothing but wiser to change it.

Certainly, I see where you're coming from. But if boost pressure is being raised, and history of fuel pump is unknown, it is nothing but wiser to change it.

No argument, if funds are avaliable to do so then by all meens i agree completely. Its just one of those things i havnt personally got round to changing so im fully aware stock pump will do lol. Same as injectors :thumbsup: stock injectors taking 1.4 bar with more to go but it felt fast so didnt want to map any higher and risk breaking stock internalls lol.

No argument, if funds are avaliable to do so then by all meens i agree completely. Its just one of those things i havnt personally got round to changing so im fully aware stock pump will do lol. Same as injectors :p stock injectors taking 1.4 bar with more to go but it felt fast so didnt want to map any higher and risk breaking stock internalls lol.

:thumbsup: