When Changing A Rocker Cover Is It Essential To...

got my new freshly powdercoated parts through the post from ollie ryan on here and what a fantastic service and very good price :)

anyway i wana fit my rocker cover 2moz but dont have money for a new pcv valve or a gasket do you think i can reuse these ? or whats the chances of them being perished or braking ? i dont want to start if its more then likely to brake as i have no money for two weeks and dont want to be without the car

cheers for any help

got my new freshly powdercoated parts through the post from ollie ryan on here and what a fantastic service and very good price :)

anyway i wana fit my rocker cover 2moz but dont have money for a new pcv valve or a gasket do you think i can reuse these ? or whats the chances of them being perished or braking ? i dont want to start if its more then likely to brake as i have no money for two weeks and dont want to be without the car

cheers for any help

how old are the pvc and gasket mate? when i first changed my rocker cover the pcv litterally just fell to bits in my hand and the gasket had started to perish so i got new 1s but since then ive changed my rocker cover a few times and not bothered as they are both fine. so if you aint put new 1s in for a while i wouldnt bother changing it without new pvc and gasket as its sods law it will be fucked. but if your like me with new bits i just want them on,lol but mines just a weekend car so if something goes wrong or brakes its not a big deal.

if you have had it powder coated please give it a great f-in good wash out! take it in the shower or something and blast the shit out of it. you want to be certain theres no dirt or powder or stuff hiding under the baffle plate! if you dont it could ruin your engine!