Using a Power FC from an MR2 Turbo??

I have a spare Power FC at home, intended for sale but I'm hoping to keep it and use it on my EP82 Starlet Turbo project :unsure:

The thing that's given me this idea is that like the rev1-2 MR2's Apex-i never made a Power FC for the car. AP Engineering basically produced a loom convertor and a remap? of the original from a rev 3. You can buy this kit for the Starlet..but at around 700 quid it's a tad steep. I noticed that a few EP's in Japan run SW20 FC's with a loom convertor...sooo, if I can get the loom convertor seperately, is there any reason why I can't use the MR2 FC?.

I may be over simplifying things a little but back when I was fitting a rev3 Power FC to my Rev1 Turbo...some said it couldn't be done..but there it is...surely apart from the basemap expecting 440cc injectors not the 295cc? that are on the EP stock...what else could it be wanting that could damage the car.

I'd fit it, check that it worked then get the car over to Thor or somewhere to map the FC.

What do you guys think of the idea?

I have a spare Power FC at home, intended for sale but I'm hoping to keep it and use it on my EP82 Starlet Turbo project :unsure:

The thing that's given me this idea is that like the rev1-2 MR2's Apex-i never made a Power FC for the car. AP Engineering basically produced a loom convertor and a remap? of the original from a rev 3. You can buy this kit for the Starlet..but at around 700 quid it's a tad steep. I noticed that a few EP's in Japan run SW20 FC's with a loom convertor...sooo, if I can get the loom convertor seperately, is there any reason why I can't use the MR2 FC?.

I may be over simplifying things a little but back when I was fitting a rev3 Power FC to my Rev1 Turbo...some said it couldn't be done..but there it is...surely apart from the basemap expecting 440cc injectors not the 295cc? that are on the EP stock...what else could it be wanting that could damage the car.

I'd fit it, check that it worked then get the car over to Thor or somewhere to map the FC.

What do you guys think of the idea?

In theory what your suggesting is spot on. The Power FCs by AP Engineering for the Starlet are just remap SW20 FCs.

But I personally think you are taking a big risk running your car with it on before gettin it mapped. All the parameters will be way out as it is mapped for larger 3sgte. If you can find someone in the uk with datalogit software and a base map for the starlet, then I would get them to load the base map on it before you use it!!

But like I said, there is no reason why you can't use it if your making a loom

Nath :lol: