Projector / Angel Eyes On Ep91

I have got myself nice a shinny projector kit with 6000K bi-xenon lights with (angel eyes) white ring around it,

I am first of all going to do a standard install with the projectors and black off the internal reflectors and insert some leds as the side light and arrange them in a curve.

once successfull i will then be more creative and create different mods to the kit.

Just want to know if anyone has done this sort of thing on a glanza and would to see what tips you can offer and any images to help.

just think we can do better with projectors then using a HID KIT in retro style headlight to make it road safe and better lighting on the road.

sure i saw a pic of something similar on tgtt, a glanza had like hid angel eyes...

have you got a link of it?

thats what i have got, and i wires up to my ballasts, mainly want to get it all done before winter kicks it, prob take a month to do in my spare time that i have.

i said just the other week to my dad, it would be cool to fit projectors to my ep70, but i did not think about angel eyes with the led ring!!!!!

go for it, on one condition, do loads of pics of the install and finnished product!!!! :wacko:

Angels have been done on a black V iirc the owner was in a diff country he did say he'd never ever do it again just becuase it's a ball ache the final picture was posted up no details or anything of the buildup came forward....I'd love to see HIDs put in the correct way with the cool beam pattern keep us posted mate

Also not sure if it's correct but arent proper HID lights self leveling? I.e they adjust to the contour of the road....so say the cars going up hill the lights adjust to gve the best visability?

It's best to use the crystal headlights the standard na ones have a pattern on them, for the projector you need a clear headlight so glanza + jdm crysal headlights are ideal

you can get a projector kit off eBay or another car it's just the fitting and getting the beam part right which is hard. There's a few threads on the net of people who've retro fitted them

thanks for the link, having 2 lights instead of 1 will be too much messing about and i haven't got time for that, but looks sweet!, just going to do the 1 projector with the angel eye built in. and relocate multiple led's as a side light.

Just to make it clear i will be making in on the glanza headlights and not the standard n/a as the beam pattern is on the outer glass and i dont think i can get a clear one anywhere and the space inside the headlight will be very tight and iam not sure if the projectors will fit in with enough space without touching the front lens.

basically the higher the setting the lower the headlights light will go.

e.g if you have it on setting '3' the headlights will be pointing to the ground.

if you have in on '0' the headlight will be pointing more upright and you can see further.

test it out yourself at night and see which suits you.

• 11 months later...

a blast from the past,

well here's what happend after a year, there were put to one side awaiting for some reflet front headlights

so i managed to get a mint pair and paid a little fortune for them since they were rare

and now lets the pics do the talking, its only half way there, just need to wire everything on the car and sort alignment out as best as poss, and them re-seal them and get them fitted to the car :D

Nice work

is it both high and low beam?

i dont think angels will suit the N/A it doesn't have an aggressive front end like the 5 series etc so well see what they look like when there done

Yes it both hi/lo beam, the main reason I am doing this is for the lighting, I've currently got hi/lo hids in the lights at the mo but as u know it's not safe for on Coming traffic and the beam pattern is scattered,

so I am doing this mainly beacause that winter is coming up and that I regular travel to Manchester on snakes road and u need good lighting on that road!

In terms of the look it should suit my bonnet as it is extended and overlaps on the lighs a little giving a little aggressive look, plus I will be customising a set of Glanza brows to fit like I did before but better.

just to let you know, you dont have to have the angel eyes wired up if you want...

you can wire them up so it comes on when you turn the side lights on

or

you can have it wired up and have a switch and flick it on/off when you want,

Is there a way of still adjusting the lights up and down? You reckon it'll go through a legit MOT okay with HIDs?

I had to take my HIDs out for MOT as the beam was scattered

the hid's are in the projector lense .... so regards to mot its fine on that note as the beam is not scattered... the only thing is that the projector kits are made in japan/china

so once i have wired the loom to the car i am going to see the light beam it produces 1st and correct them before sealing the lenses back on to it.

this is when i will take it to a mates garage to check this out

as the japan/chineese market the lights tend to be higher up on the right rather than the left in the UK a bit like the german/europe headlights you get that are LHD cars

regards to adjusting them up/down thats where it will be adjusted at the brackets and i will have to check the headlight adjustment level i have on the dash next to the steering wheel with "0 1 2 3 " settings on them

my mate did the same thing with:

p1010190u.th.jpg

p1010189c.th.jpg

p1010191i.th.jpg

Have you got any pics of it fitted to the car? Once I have done the na ones I will be doing a Glanza set too but get it with demon/devil eye effect too which will look mean at night time :)