Right just purchased some Heat Wrap for my Exhaust as it's knocking a little bit, Gonna see if it helps at all.. But what do you Secure it with ?? Cable Tie's would melt.. What about the Metal Clips of fasten CV Boots with ?

Or are there better options..

Thanks People

ermm double post yeah make sure its a clean surface etc before you put the wrap on and soak in water (something of the sort)

Thought the CV Clips would be ok just wasn't to sure.

Why do you have to soak it ??

A quick read around and it seems as if you......

work outside (its like that stuff in the loft really itchy apparantly)

soak it in water as your applying helps it curve around the pipe

pull it tight as your applying

put the clamps on

let it fully dry before installing

spray it with high temp paint

BAM!

Wrap it round once then go under it like your doing your shoe lace, and pull really hard that way it wont go anywhere from the base. then just wrap round and around untill your happy. I use safety pins to hold them as i found the metal ties ones are poop and dont hold very well.

Also the start of your wrapping is secured and tight, it shouldnt goanywhere from that.

them metal ties are pretty shit in fairness. Ive got plastic cable ties holding mine on further back the exhaust, ude be surprised, with a layer of heat wrap between them and the exhaust, takes alot to melt them.

ide make sure you where clear of say the first silencer before using them though

when they sell these kist they should sell the tool too. those metal cable ties are called banding and in order for you to get a decent tightness on them they need to be tightened using something like this:

banding_tool.jpg

tighten it with one of these bad boys and it is going nowhere! (i only know this as we sometimes use banding at work)

Yeah we've got the tools for doing them down work also :thumbsup:

You can do them up super tight and there annoying to get undone if done properly will just do that i think,

Thanks for all the Advice on putting it on the Exhaust though people B)