How 2: EP82 Heater Matrix Removal

I didn't really do this a how to as my heater matrix is knackered and as it weighs a fair bit it has been ditched to save weight B)

Anyway...

Remove the glovebox first, pop the rear glovebox holders out (stop glovebox falling out)...then remove the 2 x head screws from the hinges.

Remove the glovebox hinge bar behind the glovebox, 2 x head screws again...this needs to come out to let the heater matrix come out.

Next up, remove the 2 x head screws from the wiring loom bolted to the top right of the heatermatrix (up near the metal support bar). This gives access to the 10mm nut on the bulhead (you can see it behind the loom).

I used a standard 10mm socket with long extension bar to remove all these by the way.

The next job is to unplug all the loom bits, there's quite a few in total various sizes...just follow the various wires around to find the plugs.

Once this is done there are 2 (or 3) more nuts to remove from the bottom of the heater matrix 10mm. 2 10mm screws from the front on the matrix and 1 10mm from the bottom of the fan (to the left of the matrix).

Once these are out, you can keep checking by grabbing the matrix and wiggling it about to know if it's free...you now need to get the front nearside jacked up and get under the car to unscrew the 2 connectors going into the back of the heater matrix (for water I presume). Bear in mind this was already done on my car as the matrix was leaking...and the AC had been removed.

Someone might be able to give any further thoughts on the above bit.

Once that's taken care of, the matrix will just pull out and down B) once it's gone, you can remove the fan to the left in the same way...job done.

In total this took me 30 mins tops.

Some pics here: www.night-spirit.co.uk/blog