I've been doing quite a bit of motorway miles lately and I'm starting to get a few stone chips on the car, also have a couple of car park dings from people who don't know how to open there doors properly!!

What's the best/easiest way of sorting these? Is it a rub down and spray or is there such thing a touch up stick etc...?

Any advice would be a great help

Cheers

Steely

I've been doing quite a bit of motorway miles lately and I'm starting to get a few stone chips on the car, also have a couple of car park dings from people who don't know how to open there doors properly!!

What's the best/easiest way of sorting these? Is it a rub down and spray or is there such thing a touch up stick etc...?

Any advice would be a great help

Cheers

Steely

just sand the stone chip areas bak to origanil primer use 120 grit and then put sum bog or bondo in the chips and sand it of with 240 grit paper and then sand the whole bumper of bonnet or wat every you are doing with 400 grit dry and prime it about two coats will do and then sand it again with 400 dry until its smooth and then repaint it with the original colour the paint code should be on the fire wall you can get it from your nearest paint surple shop

if the stone chips have not gone to the metal or undercoat layer then clean the area with some white spirit

a light spray with the original colour allow to dry or drop in the paint using a brush (will look awfull after this stage),

a light sand with about 600 or 800 grade wet wet and dry to take away the excess paint (not too much preasure or you will break the paint and re reveal the chip),

will be left totally smooth, but then bring back the shine with a quick coat of laquer and a good wax!!!!!

the dents can all be removed for about £20, they do dent pulling suction cups in places like halfrauds!!

if your gonna touch up the stone chips dont use a brush, roll a bit of paper up to a point and dip the point in the paint and use that to touch up the chips.

best way to get rid of them is to sand them out or use a bit of filler to fill the chips and paint the panel again.