Emission Test ?

I researched this a bit and my work said that if the vehicles engine is not on the emissions machine it gets a non-cat test or not a fast idle test.

As the uk spec starlets were made for the uk Market the 4EFE or 2EE etc will be on the machine, but 4EFTEs weren't made for this Market they are ment to get a idle or non cat test,

you can always ask to view the mot as the garage needs to have a viewing area, so if they do it wrong you can say

Hope this helps

Gary

I researched this a bit and my work said that if the vehicles engine is not on the emissions machine it gets a non-cat test or not a fast idle test.

As the uk spec starlets were made for the uk Market the 4EFE or 2EE etc will be on the machine, but 4EFTEs weren't made for this Market they are ment to get a idle or non cat test,

you can always ask to view the mot as the garage needs to have a viewing area, so if they do it wrong you can say

Hope this helps

Gary

i just had my car mot'd it was tested as a cat equipped vehicle with closed loop control and had 2 fast idle tests and failed as i have the spec 2 exhuast but how can i get round this can i find this info to print of to show the bloke as he is a complete tosser anyway?

I just had a glanza in for mot the other day and passed the emissions no bother atol and that had full hks system with decat.

Ill double check the name of this book but when we were doing the test we looked up a book that showed to models of starlet, one was a 4efe uk spec and the other a 2ee uk spec to which i pointed out neither of them were the same engine as this glanza. ill double check the book name so you can go back and say to the mot guy,

After that they refered to some chart that specified it got a non idle test, ill double check the names etc of these charts and books so you can go back to the station and say to the guy

Cheers

Gary