Urgent Help Needed!

Right, im in urgent need of some help.

When i started the car this morning from cold i noticed the idle was really really low, let alone i have the idle quite high to stop the vibrations in the cabin and on cold the car will idle around the 1300-1500rpm mark, this morning it was idling at about 700rpm, i left the car idling at that to see if it will build up the rpm and warm up, well it didnt.

So as i was already late for work i had to set off, got to the top of the street and tried to hold the revs at a constant at the junction, this is when i knew there was a problem, trying to hold the car at like 2000-2300rpm it was like misfiring and poping.

Once driving it wasnt too bad and is will drive untill you try to go into boost, this then instead of pulling hard the car doesnt do anything apart from slow down, you can here the turbo spooling up and when in boost its like asif the car has gone into a lower gear and slows down, that is the only way i can describe what the car does when hitting boost.

Now we have had a bit of rain over the last two days so i thought of the common, water in the spark plugs, took those out to find them full of sut, clean those up and made sure there was no water or moistuer in the barells, ive also took of the dizzy cap to find no water and a small amount of moisture in there, dried that out and re assembled, took off the king lead to dry out any moisture in the coil and them put back together.

I took a quick video of the revs to show people what its like rather than trying to get people to understand my story lol, you can slightly hear the misfire (when i open the door lol) but mainly when letting off the rev the car almost stalling.

th_16092010016.jpg

Any help will be much appreciated, i dont want to drive it work tommorrow so ill be walking lol I just dont have a clue what it can be, i changed a few hoses last night but tonight i have reversed everything i did last night and its still the same, i used abit of gunk engine degreaser a few days back and lightly hosed it down, could that of got in anywhere???

Thanks again lads, Zac

had something similar with my last car started off as engine light poping on after a couple of miles, then started doing daft things like that ^^ i just cleaned throttle body and then it was good as new.

So tomorrow im going to get a new set of iridiums and also do an oil change as its due one anyway, ill whip of the throttle body and give that a quick clean out (shouldnt be that bad at all)

Does anyone have anymore ideas what it could be?? as i need this sorting quick time ^_^

Cheers lads, Zac

Whilst you have your leads and plugs out check that when you push the plug into the lead it hits and clicks. My old plug leads had obv been rammed onby a novice at some point so the internal core had moved up a bit and wasn't contacting properly. I changed them for red Magnecore's and Irdidum plugs and it ran like a dream

Keep us updated bud

Tonight i have had another go at the car, ive cleaned all the connections on under the bonnet where water is getting in with WD40 and dried them all out, ive replaced my Magnecores with the old standard ones and also replaced the plugs with the older ones i took out, and im still having the misfire problem.

Is there anymore ideas anyone may have????

Thanks again lads, Zac ^_^

This morning i have changed the coil and the dizzy cap, still the same, any more ideas lads please??

Could the engine be starving or air or fuel as the idle is really low but when driving it seems fine but only between 1500-3000rpm and not on boost, if it starts to boost the car then coughs and splutters :)

Cheers Lads

Eyup lads, just thought id let you all know that ive sorted the car after a full day of fidling :)

Checked all connection and made sure there was no moisture in the them at all, this wasnt the problem, after gettin close to the engine while running i heard a whistling noise coming from the back of the engine, only to find that a the pipe coming from the boost pressure solenoid had come off, this was making the car run in limp mode and misfire on boost, such a small thing making a huge difference to how the car ran!!!

Thanks for all the help lads, Zac :D

**Can a mod please close this thread**