Methanol Injection, What You Guys Think So Far

i'm in the middle of fitting methanol injection to my glanza, its been retrofitted from another car i had. just finished building the tank for it which i could only really fit into the boot.

what you guys think, made from 304 stainless (methanol eats alloy), 4.5ltr capacity and foam filled to stop any surge. This is going to feed into a small lifter pump which will push it to a smaller 1ltr swirl pot in the engine bay where the methanol pump will take it and feed it into the engine at high pressure.

think the tank came out quite well, 27 pieces lol

DSCN3765.jpg

DSCN3764.jpg

Tim :)

i'm in the middle of fitting methanol injection to my glanza, its been retrofitted from another car i had. just finished building the tank for it which i could only really fit into the boot.

what you guys think, made from 304 stainless (methanol eats alloy), 4.5ltr capacity and foam filled to stop any surge. This is going to feed into a small lifter pump which will push it to a smaller 1ltr swirl pot in the engine bay where the methanol pump will take it and feed it into the engine at high pressure.

think the tank came out quite well, 27 pieces lol

DSCN3765.jpg

DSCN3764.jpg

correct me if I'm wrong

The only prob I think with useing this is.when you get your car mapped does he map it to the methanol injection?

Because if he does what happens if

your pump fails(so does

your

engine)

and if he maps it then adds the methanol kit the gains are gonna be minimal.this is the only reason I didn't fit mine and it's sat on the top shelf in the garage

if you don't map for it it'll massivly overfuel because methanol is a fueling agent.

regarding pump failing you could say exactly the same for anything in the normal cars fueling, what happens if hte fuel pressure regulator goes weak and i see this alot, takes the engine. what if the fuel injectors get dirty, less fuel = failed engine. so its the same with anything buddy.

But if you have a good system like the aquamist kits they come with a blocked yet or no pressure warning led, so if the pump fails or jets clog you get a warning led to lift off. In mine i've got a fancy little system i wired up to the low boost button to turn the boost controllers off, close a butterfly in the exhaust for noise. so going to relay this warning led into the system so if the tank is empty or the system has an issue it'll drop out of the high boost mode and minimal boost pressure or not allow me to activate high if i'm already in low boost mode.

just abit of fancy wiring and careful thinking.

Tim

i find if your using it purely for cooling its best to use 100% water over alcohol, but i want to raise the octane level of the petrol so i can use more ignition advance for power. but cooling also helps so probaby going with a 25/75% water to alcohol ratio. worked very well on my 3sgte this kit came from. intake temps dropped around 20 degree's on a hot day and was able to add another 4 degree's of ignition advance. gained around 20-25bhp from this setup.