just a quick question that im sure will go on for days what is the ideal offset for a N/A starlet ive been looking at some seconed hand team dynamics pro race 1.2 there 15" with the usual 195/45/15's and a offset of 38 will these be ok with no fouling or anything???

thanks guys and gals

Rob

thanks mate thats good to know just got to get them for the right price now. might sound a bit dumb whats IIRC im rubbish at them

if i remeber correctly........i only worked it out like a month ago and afaik.....as far as i know lol :)

Rob will be selling the speedlines? PM me a price if so :)

it doesnt look like i will be getting them now once id sat down and done some sums i though they were a little out of budget for this time of year so i will have to wait for now!

if i remeber correctly........i only worked it out like a month ago and afaik.....as far as i know lol ;)

A ha i see cheers mate!!

Offset is the measurement in millimeters from the wheel centre line to the wheel mounting face. Basically how far "in" or "out" the wheel sits from the hub. It also gives deep-dish or convex style rims depending on the offset used.

Here's a few pics to help explain:

techWheels-2.jpgtechWheels-3.jpgtechWheels-4.jpg

Yep -- If the (NEG)offset is too large the tyres will rub the arches (obviously only if the car is lowered though)

And as you can see from the above pics the opposite case could lead to the alloy fowling the strut.

Roite, cheers again. will bear this in mind when alloy hunting in 2007 ;)

Should I be looking for an offset of about 38 like said at the beginning of this thread?

Or can there be a small bit either way - if so what's the furthest from 38 offset you can go?

(sorry to be a pain keep asking questions - am young and daft ;) :) )