Advanced the timing ep91 na

hey all i advanced the timing to no change in feel, but have since found out i have to bridge something in the ecu. i was wondering who else has advanced their timing and if they could help me out.

cheers

kaaaty

ahhh i rotated anti clockwise i thought you rotted towards you lol ill try the other way. i am under the impression that the ecu compensates for the retarding or advancing so you need to bridge certain parts while you advance or retard for it to change. cheers for your input amjad ill try the other way and tell you what found

Dont do it without a timing light can easily be over done causing pinking + 2mpg

Bridging the port does two things iirc.....the idle will rise and then fall (meaning your icv works) and does one other thing which i forgot lol

also make sure every single thing is off when you mess around with the ignition (including the door open light)

then put the timing light on and make sure you start from the base settings (white sticker under the bonnet shows this)...tbh its such a minor mod will hardly feel anything from it with the age of all the ignition components its probably already off so set it to standard and leave it

Id tinker with something else unless you do it on a dyno where you can see where the most power is made etc etc