Def Mr2 way more fun

My brother has got an mr2,and had a starlet/glanza.and from what I know the starlet is by far the cheapest to run,and fix and easier to work,his is running 17psi(prob 270-280bhp) and my 218bhp 4efte renault 5 is a tad quicker. The mr2 is a nicer car to drive but personly I would choose a starlet

I would choose a mr2 again anyday! super nice cars, amazing handling and cost isnt bad at all (compared to my scoob ;) )

You can get classic insurance so like £500-700... bargain.

You can do basic mods and run 300bhp!... bargain.

you can still fit a £100 tesco shop in the boot ;)... bargain.

Check out the link in my sig if you fancy a poke about a mint 2! if you want one though dont get a rev1/2 there shite! rev3 upwards is what you want B)

also on a side not they are RWD but you cant treat them like it as with the mid engine setup there very 'snappy'... will hold on round a corner like a mofo but when they let go, they go lol!

Engine is a pain to work on in a mr2 anything more complicated then sparkplugs or head related and its an engine out joobie, but once you have had it in and out a few times it isnt a problem and you can get everything done super quick :D

Well I've owned a Glanza and an MR2 Turbo...

They are both very different and it really depends what sort of driving you enjoy, i find the Glanza so much fun around the back lanes and short urban areas where i live and to be fair the MR2 in useless unless its dry. But the 2's do feel special to drive

MR2 all the way, had a GT and now got a NA Rev3. Yes it doesnt pull as hard but just the way it drives is awesome, handles really well and treat it with respect you shouldn't have any issues!

Plus the tubbys I have been in have been sooooooo much quicker than a GT, the boost was awesome and every time he changed gear your head bangs on the headrest ;)

Yes the tax is more, yes the fuel bill is more, yes they are a pain to work on and yes they are less practical without the ability to drop the back seats down. But I LOVE mine!

main issue is that sentence is rev1 turbo... rev3 upwards is where they really came into there own, bigger turbo, ran off a map sensor not silly maf so modding became alot more simple, uprated suspension, steering rack... the list goes on lol.

but yes for care free chuckability the glanza/gt would be the way to go

well it will be a rev 1 or 2 i will be having in anycase as i havent got 4k handy to buy a rev 3.

rev 1s can be picked up for around £800 with a few minor problems and higher mileage but it will be having a rebuild anyway so that really does not matter.so the mr2 is winning so far.

the Rev4 block was the supposed strongest... rev1/2 where the weak link, rev3 and up had a revised engine, different rods and pistons.

to some extent it is a myth that some came with a stronger block... there where some thicker but all in the rev4 range, was more luck of the draw. think rouge done a test on blocks... nothing came of it really.

if it track you want... get a rev2 tin top strip it out, find a rebuilt rev3 engine slap it in, change all the suspension and arms to later models ones also coilovers and you'll be laughing on the track mate. trust me ;)

My brother has got an mr2,and had a starlet/glanza.and from what I know the starlet is by far the cheapest to run,and fix and easier to work,his is running 17psi(prob 270-280bhp) and my 218bhp 4efte renault 5 is a tad quicker. The mr2 is a nicer car to drive but personly I would choose a starlet

my brothers is a rev3,and apparently to make the most out of 300bhp+ you need a standalone ecu,infact there was one at york dragway,forged engine running 2bar and it was only crossing the line at 110mph

my money would still be with the starlet because lets say you have 3K to spend for that you would get a very nice starlet but for an mr2 your probably looking at the bootom end of the market(a lot of dogs about that have been bogded together)

the 3sgte block is very strong, pistons can take over 350bhp and rods towards 500bhp. The weak link of the rev1 and rev2 is the headgasket, made of paper!! Get a metal one on with uprated bolts if you plan on upping the boost.

I had a rev1 turbo MR2 after my GT Starlet and it was just plain scary tbh, although mine wasn't in the best of condition really.

You need to show it lots of respect, as, if the back end does go you'll be extremely lucky to catch it.

You can get quite alot of stuff into an MR2 suprisingly and the driving position is brilliant, fuel comsumption is pretty horrendous though, my old one was stock barring an exhaust system and it drank the stuff twice as fast as what my GT4 does!

I do like MR2's but the next car for me will be drift configuration (RWD baby)

Actually tempted to sell up now, too many fast FWD cars being built by my mates, may have to move off the fwd scene because the GT just wont compete :) we will see though