Start it up?

What part of the exhaust is off? is the turbo and manifold all bolted on properly?

if its just from the turbo to decat that is disconnected or further down the system it will be ok for a short time but just be loud, if the turbo is off then i wouldnt start it as the oil feed and coolant will spill out when the engine is started, causing potential problems as im sure you know.

Why do you need to start it?

Gary

i wouldnt reccommend driving it 10 miles with no exhaust, the amount of heat that itll kick out u might end up melting something. it wont damage the engine by driving it but u might melt wiring or plastics etc.

also you'll be fumed out inside the car with no exhaust.

Well, I bought the car with beg ends gone.. Took it to them, got it rebuilt and put engine back in car..

160 miles later head gasket went. They wouldn't work on it on the car, so I had to do a HG myself as I couldn't be bothered to take the engine out.

Did that, started it up and it was really smokey. Oil pump had bust, and knackered my turbo.

So got ont he phone and after goign on and on they eventually agreed to look at the engine. Took it out, they blamed it on turbo contaminating the oil pump or something which was load of crap.

So, they fixed that I got new turbo and put it all together, now the oil pump leaks.

They said I can take the car to them now, so just have to arrange towing it. Getting so much closer to going into debt to get it forged earlier than planned though...

i would be asking for every penny i ghad handed over to them BACK.cant stand muppets that do a half arsed job of something then will haggle with you about putting it right.

two words you need to say to them.......trading standards

ask them if they have got customer and product liability insurance.....if they are registered and trading they should have.

if they do have insurance tell them you will be claiming off that to pay for your engine to be put right by a reputable garage.

that alone should put the shits up them enough for them to hand you back your money so you can take it elsewhere.

They blamed my pump failing on contamination which they said was caused by the turbo, and they fixed it as a 'good will gesture'

my newly reconditioned turbo was no more, due to their shoddy work...

And I will be looking at trading standards, they are a reputable company but have been nothing but bad work and really bad attitute

well go down there and tell them the above if you have no joy then contact trading standards and they will tear them a new one.

A pump will NOT fail due to a turbo they are just fobbing you off with bullshit stories to try and cover there arse, what you have said above suggests to me that they have no clue as to what they are doing and if i were in your shoes they would not be putting a spanner near my car ever again.

this is trading standards phone number 08454 04 05 06, give them a ring to make them aware of the situation.

if you tell them they have tried to rectify your problem once before and you are still having problems with your car and the garage themselfs they will tell you what steps need to be taken next. :D

Well they refused to work on the engine in the car. So, when it failed the first tme I had to take the engine back out and put it back in myself.

They have now offered to let me take the car down, so I will arrange towing it there and see how it goes.

They are a prescision engineering company, so not a garage as such.

Thanks, I will see what happens and if not go to tradign standards.