I never thought I'd end up saying this, but...

*drumroll*

Basically, I spoke to Rick and he suggested changing the actuator altogether since adjusting it didn't seem to make any difference. I went in with no expectations and borrowed one off a bloke who used to be very sexy and chubby, but no longer is, (Sadly.) Boshed that on this evening and went for a spin.

THE CAR IS NOW RUNNING PERRRRRRRRFECT! Full boost by 3.5k! I genuinely forgot how much fun it was, and just how brutally shit the broken actuator had made it!

Sadly the noise still remains, I had assumed it was down to the dump valve rubbing on the bonnet but after cable tying it down it's definitely not that. Gonna get the car booked back into the garage to investigate the issue. After that, the car should be damn near running perfectly again. I honestly cant wait, and the joy of hitting full boost that quickly seems like it hasn't hit me for years.

Now for getting myself an adjustable actuator so I can give this back to the skinny prick.

It's true what they say about these things you know, it's easy to fall back in love again when they're working properly. I'll await the next chapter in the book now though!

what actuator was it? i had a problem with a new hks... dont no why but it just fooked up, all i did was over boost. even SumoPower said they where surprised to hear it was broke... kinda felt silly that i thought that was the problem as no one else seemed to agree. bought a second hand one slapped that on and BAM fixed it straight away. its always the last thing you could imagine that would be wrong lol

glad its sorted mate and you can enjoy it a bit longer without driving it off a cliff :harhar:

I dont want to p*ss on your on your fire mate.

I love starlets & i know people will think im "dissing" them.. but the actual fact is.. ive got what i like to call the "car hat" off now.

basicly thats when you own a car and well no other cars better than it.. its faster its better blah blah.. you always think your cars the ultimate. thats why youll always think cars are nice but yours better..so folk say they wont get this but they really will..

Starlets are old enough to be the same age as you brother/sister.. what ever.

their engine capacity isnt the biggest. these machines can only take so much i dont care what anyone argues.

we buy them we run,tune to big BHPz,service,kick the teeth out them.. we all do it, but these cars are getting old they dont have a life span of 1million years.

my starlet was one after another... we spoke about this countless times mate.

imo its time to strip it back and move on.

signs like these dont go away.. they last for a few weeks then something goes.

see the first time you see oil under your car.. from that day on your paranoid and FOREVER!! looking under there to see anymore.

time to let your baby go now.. shes getting older.

ive had my glanza for years thrashed the shiet out of it and never had one problem with mine...I cant see any other hatch out there that can match its speed once your over 200hp in them without spending a fortune for a newer car.

Any performance car will have problems just have to go to their forums to find frustrating owners like yourself that are in the same boat with their car. I find these cars reliable and very cheap to run, maintain and easy to work on and replace parts..

when u tune any car your going to run into problems. just think car manufacturers test vehicles for thousands of miles before putting them on the road, to guarantee optimum reliability. my starbo is relatively stock and im neva going to wind her up over fuel cut, cuz i know i will start running into bigger issues. theres a reason why 2.0L tubs are like only 230 bhp from factory, because there uber reliable. u cant blame it on the age of the car, makes no difference, u just gota find the comfort zone for her :)

imo a bar is plenny to run through one of these engines, afta that i just think u need to step up a car

dont sell it though mate, all cars are nothing but money pits, ALL CARS!! starlets specifically are not unreliable cars, every one is different. just luck of the draw

ive had my glanza for years thrashed the shiet out of it and never had one problem with mine...I cant see any other hatch out there that can match its speed once your over 200hp in them without spending a fortune for a newer car.

Any performance car will have problems just have to go to their forums to find frustrating owners like yourself that are in the same boat with their car. I find these cars reliable and very cheap to run, maintain and easy to work on and replace parts..

youve got your hat on firmly son..

i really could make a comment but i wont. theres a few flaws with what you said lol but yeh ill hush