right guys i need some help please.. or information. as u all no i have a gt.. its still off the road but theres no harm in checkin insurance premiums regularly too see how much its gonna cost.. admiral were willin too let me have it fully comp with all mods declared for 1800.. cheap for a 18 year old.. this was two months ago.. but i could have a glanza for 1200 fully comp.. now suddenyl a week before my 19th the insurance for a gt has gone up too 2900. and i cant get a glanzav till im 21... WHAT th hell is goin on? any help much appreciated please guys.

dan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had similar problems insuring my lexus recently! Not as much a price hike as that but still gone up.

Im with sky and my insurance was £475 last year, this year i have another years no claims taking me to 9 years protected!!!! The insurance this year went up to £550. Now i know thats not a huge increase but still after a extra year NCB they have put it up. I phoned them and tried getting the quote down and they said that EVERYONE will be getting a increase becuase of all the un-insured drivers etc blah, blah, blah. Sky are pretty good to be honest and they are soooo much cheaper than anyone else for me!

Looks like i may have got off lightly then, insuring a GT seems to be crazy!

Jason -_-

The insurance is also based per annum on the amount of drivers crashing your particular type of car, a percentile adjustment of cars owned in an age category (such as an 18-21 group) and determine how much it should go up by to cover their costs.

For example; the majority of starlet owners will probably see a less of an increase against say saxo drivers and I will see even less of an increase against you starlet owners.

Had an hour long discussion with my insurance company on how this works! -_-

my isurance is up for renewal in 6weeks and admiral have been quoting me £1400 2year no claim aged 19 but now they are saying they wont insure me on an import because im under 21? if i cant get insurance for under £1500 my v will have to go

what companies will insure someone under 21 on an import?

ive shopped around and admiral seem are the cheapest.. actually ill rephrase that. WERE the cheapest. but i no ive still got the gt but just cant understand why the glanza V is defo a no go now.. apparently ive heard tis something too do with the government spending cuts??? correct me if im wrong please.. everything just seems too be a F**kin joke for us youngsters now . i wouldnt mind if i was infact a boy racer tearing up the streets n causin havoc. but im not!! i go out for a drive too have a good time and be sensible. its the minority of us that have too suffer!!. sorry for the long rant!

I have found something out. Probably been mentioned elsewhere?

It seems if you go on the policy as a named driver and the policy holder is younger then 35 years of age it is cheap. If the policy holder is older then 35 years it is a rip off.

i actually can't remember if its 35/36 but its something like that.

I have found something out. Probably been mentioned elsewhere?

It seems if you go on the policy as a named driver and the policy holder is younger then 35 years of age it is cheap. If the policy holder is older then 35 years it is a rip off.

i actually can't remember if its 35/36 but its something like that.

omly problem with that is.. if your caught by the police driving it and only as a named driver n not the main driver your insurance is void? apparently. lol. so many shitty stories god knows what too believe .. -_- -_-.

Try lifesure.co.uk.. these were the cheapest for me.. but mine has gone up again this year too.. 3yrs NCB, 28yrs old - £570.. £545 last year :/ ... Insurance on an Audi S3 is the same price.. work that 1 out.

wtf its an absoloute joke... doesnt make sense.. i was gettin excitedcos im 19 on sunday n thinkin yay! insurance will go down but now im just depressed! time too move away from the starlet scene think -_- -_-