recommend me a head gasket....

Right guys will be doing a few bits to this engine I have picked up. Head will be coming off so will be needing a decent headgasket.

I am swaying towards the Athena 1.4mm gasket but are they any good? Need to drop the compression a bit if I am going for 1.4 bar boost or would yopu recommend a 1.6mm?

I also need to find the cheapest place for these bits

Piston Rings (any aftermarket ones available for stock pistons?)

Timing belt kit

Oil pump

and I would need a gasket set I imagine.

Thanks Lewis

Cheers mate, looks like camskill is slightly cheaper for the timing belt kit than fensport but fensport are cheaper for the engine gasket set, oil pump etc. Gonna check a few other places now :)

oil pump from toyota is only £91.44 all in mate.

Piston rings check out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Hth,

chris.

Cheers mate, looks like camskill is slightly cheaper for the timing belt kit than fensport but fensport are cheaper for the engine gasket set, oil pump etc. Gonna check a few other places now :)

is it gunna be a forged engine dude ? what turbo are you going to be using - if its stock obv the pistons are gunna produce a higher cr so you would be better with a 1.4mm

or if you are using forged low comp pistons then you will be better with a 1.2mm

all depending on turbo/boost/pistons

edit: just seen your saying 1.4bar so is that gunna be on aforged engine then ??

for 1.4bar on stock internals go for the athena 1.9mm gasket, this should lower your compression to a nice limit.

if going forged go for a 1.2 mm gasket, keeps response a bit better and compression is still quite low, wossner piston and 1.2mm gasket gives a cr of 7.84:1 which is quite low.

Stock engine guys.

I understand the thicker the head gasket the lower the compression and the more boost I can safely run but wont it also affect the way the car behaves off boost?? I dont wont it feeling undriveable off boost.

yer i know what you mean dude but i think you'd rather it be slightly boggy off boost than it spitting a rod through the block personally on a stock engine i would be wanting a thicker gasket as ricky says above go for the 1.9 or at least the 1.6

off boost it wont really be that bad anyway + if your like me then youll be on boost most of the time so it wont matter - anyway all you have to do is change down a gear :)