help with a computer build

right im looking at getting a decentish spec so i can advance my learning in CS5 atm i have a single core 3.0ghz and as soon as i use CS5 and add a mask or more then 2 layers my computer crashes

what im after is a decent spec set up for less then £300

i was thinking along the lines of:

gigabyte am3 and DDR3 board

ATI radeon 5750 HD 1gb GPU

athlon II X4 quadcore 3.0ghz CPU

and 4gb of DDR3 1333

i dont know too much on compatibility issues etc - but if someone is a computer builder and cud assist and help me in making a fully decent spec computer with parts prices then please let me know

i only need a board, CPU, GPU and ram as i alredy have a 1TB sata drive

thanks in advance

speak to socks. i have THE BEST PC ever now thanks to him

i just bought the parts and the shell and socks built it for me

quad core, windows 7, fast as fuck huge memory etc mint graphics learned a lot about pc's too

sure he'l be happy to give you some advice

ive got the other half stuff here ive looked on ebuyer and overclockers and maplins and various websites but i dont understand the difference between a gigabyte 90 quid board and a 150 quid board thats the bit im stuck on also whats

better

gddr5 512mb gpu or

gddr3 1gb gpu?

its not as simple as u think lol

I've made my own mate, I understand. :). Well used to! ha

well ddr5 suggests better RAM?

DDR3 is more than enough, 4gb should be fine. If you can get 6gb ram though it should be adequate.

I'm no pro lately, but the bottom one sounds better.

well said

as i said i got loads of bargains and cheap but good pc parts off overclocklers when they were having a sale. built a PC that will run rings round a console. really worth doing

its always cheaper to build a mint PC than buy one already done

Ive been building my own for about 10 years now and to be perfectly honest with you this isnt the cheapest method anymore.

If you are really limited to £300 my suggestion would be Ebay.. Dont be put off by the fact that its ebay, there are many sellers on there with very high feedback selling good spec pc's for about that price. The reason i say this is that they can offer better prices because they buy in a bulk amount of components which then makes them much cheaper than if you bought just 1 of each item.

Im currently running a 3ghz quad core,4gb DDR2 800 and a 5770 HD all on a gigabyte mobo. Personally id say that if you get 4gb DDR3 you will be fine and if you can get an intel cpu all the better. As for graphics my 5770 isnt anywhere close to being the best card out now but i can play 9/10 games on max settings with no problem. All in lovely direct x 11 .

Hav a browse on ebay.. see which 1's interest you then post a few on here and we can look thru them and decide which will give you the best bang for buck :)

Hello,

If you wait till december when i order my new pc you can buy mine mate

Quad core 2.4 ghz (fast)

2 gb memory

gigabyte motherboard

Watercooling for cpu

8800gts graphics

Dual screen x2 22INCH

gaming mouse

Cost me 1400 - selling for 450 to 500 which is very cheap :)

Give me a pm dude!