Traction problems. Help please

Hi, I'm new to the forums and have just bought a 1995 GT Turbo today with standard 14" steelies and budget tyres on.

But I can't get any traction in 1st, 2nd or 3rd (it is wet at the moment though).

Can anyone suggest what I can do to improve traction (without sticking on some massive wheels which would slow the car down)??? It is already lowered with stiff coilovers (i guess that should improve traction? :p)

I've been offered sum 15" ultra lightweight ROTA Slipstream wheels with low profile Yokohoma tyres for £200 - would these help the car to get traction?

Thanks

yea bro increasiing the footprint buy a certain margin will help for sure,

to eradicate it though you would need to invest in an aftermarked differential,

they help amazingly in the wet,

also a rear anti roll bar will stop some tramp helping your front tyres hook up abit better :p

Get the alloys and put some decent tyres on them,yoko's are crap in the wet! Falkens or toyo's should be better. I've got toyo's on 16" alloys and i still spin in low gears!

But thats probably due to my lead right foot! :p:p

My advice is feather the throttle -- it's cheaper than a LSD too ;)

That would help too! :p

Stop driving like a total knob end. Should be really cheap and easy to fix.

what the fuck? i dont drive it like a knob end, i aint the one whos been banned :p

bought the rotas today n fitted them - no spinning at all in 2nd or 3rd, and only 1st on high boost!

sorted! n the car looks awesum now with them on! all i need now is some tints 2 get it looking sweet!

i'll post some pics up in a couple of days

cheers guys

p.s. whats the best grade oil to put in a gt turbo? i cant read the japanese manual so have no idea! ;) my focus runs on 5W30 but no idea what this runs on

also, does it need to be mineral, semi-synthetic or synthetic

Cheers

cool, so why when i stuck castrol gtx magnetec in it it was spraying trickles of oil from the tailpipe when the car was stationary i thought at the time myself that it could of been oil stem seals had gone or as lobo said at the time could have been the turbo seals,but when i drained that oil then replaced with fully synth it is fine no more oil spray no smoke or anything.strange i dont have a clue maybe my car has had some serious mods that i dont know about LOL.

as lobo said, feather the throttle on takeoff, keeping an eye on the boost, keeping it within acceptable measures and yo wont get any spin.

ive easily pulled away from a 350hp evo, he only caught up at around the 70-80 mark.

its all about control matey. dont just stamp down on the go faster pedal, youll get no where fast in a mist of tyre smoke ;) ;)