Rear Disc Conversion?

i dont know much about starlet rear brakes but i know on 205s its better to have drums on the back as the bias is to much on the 1.9s with rear disks and often cause accidents when pushed to the extream but like i said dont know about starlets

probably better to wait for a couple of the turbo boys to air their opinions ;)

Your front brakes will be the most important Ross. I have just changed mine (discs and pads) over recently and they are spot on, altho I have a few extra brake mods too ;)

It would be essential especially as you have 4efte to upgrade your front disks and pads at the very least.

I know people with higher horsepower GTs and they have used uprated front disks and pads and they were suitable.

If you wanted a more complete setup then maybe you could look into the rear brake conversion and also bigger brakes (4pots+) but in all honesty its up to you and what your budget is.

But you will be fine changing the front brakes at the very least. Wait for SiCaln to answer your Q about the rear brake conversion as he done on it on his old SR and will be able to give u some guidance. Upgrading your fronts to uprated disks and pads is one of the most worthwhile mods you can do.

Joz

p.s this should be moved to the technical section...

i dont think that a rear disc conversion is an absolute must. it you keep the rears adjusted up correctly they work quite well! you are still dealing with a light car. get a good set of brakes on the front cause as soon as you touch the brakes all the weight shifts to the front of the car.

hmmm, bit of a pickle here! i think i will just upgrade the front brakes and not bother with the back ones, budget is no problem as come jan the car is having a full work over, engine the lot, so ill jus order everything ;) lol

jus picked up my engine mount, ordered new headlamps (Glanza) going to order a carbon bonnet soon, and get to work on a new front bumper! then new wheels, spoiler, coilovers, EXTREME engine mods ans spray job ;)

jus picked up my engine mount, ordered new headlamps (Glanza) going to order a carbon bonnet soon, and get to work on a new front bumper! then new wheels, spoiler, coilovers, EXTREME engine mods ans spray job ;)

sounds good matey... when will we have a nice update??? ;)