Apexi SAFC II And HKS FCD

I am about to purchase a Apexi SAFC II and was wondering if I deffinitly need a FCD (most likely a HKS one), to run correctly and not hit Fuel cut?

Some people say no and others say yeh so before i buy a FCD do i really need it?

Is there also anybody running a Apexi SAFC II with or without FCD???

From what I remember reading on TGTT. You won't need a FCD if you're using a Apexi SAFC. I remember reading a similar thread to yours and someone had comfirmed this.

Hope that helps bud. I would still save money and go for management

you need the fcd, if you are running standard injectors, if you have bigger injectors, the man above is correct, you need to reduce the duty cycle, and this bypasses the fuel cut, but for the time it takes to find some1 to set up an SAFC, to buy bigger injectors aswell, thats you spent over £300, might aswell by an emanage, and have it done properly, for when you decide you want more power.

Ok thanks for the advice. The idea in the first place was to run FCD with FPR and then have a boost controller. It just happens that my mate has a SAFC which has a couple map settings therefore doing what i would want from a boost controller and has a few mapping possibilities.

Due to money of an emange i think SAFC 2 and FCD is just a good option or are they no good?

Surely havin a mapping day a good mapper would be able to get closely the same performance out of the two???

not really, the SAFC is a good little device but is very limited in its function. You don't map them and there aren't 'mappable' they simple are a fuel adjuster, they can add/remove fuel across a rev range in 16 points of adjustment.

if you wanna do it on the cheap then all you need is a FCD and RRFPR. you can run a bar and run the RRFPR rich to protect the engine. but honestly i wouldn't advise it mate, its super crude and eventualy you will run into problems.

you could run the above set the RRFPR rich and use the SAFC to lean off points in the rev range, but that obviously need wiring in and setting up on a RR. so cost up the SAFC the FCD and RRFPR and an hour or two on the RR... that about £250+ easy. Price of a Emanage blue fitted and road mapped, last time i looked £250. might have gone up £50 or so since then but for the fact your running a fully mappable piggyback ecu i know what i would go for.

It may seem expensive mate but belive me a full remap will be one of the best things you spend your money on... plus you can get it tweaked or remapped to suit future mods.