Engine forged about 4000 miles ago + Tappety???!!

My Engine was forged about 4000 miles ago and it seems very tappety... (NOT KNOCKING!) but tappety

Ive also heard the term Piston Slap ???

Could someone enlighten me please

Thankyou

Piston slap is the forged pistons moving in the bores while they are cold, once they expand when the engine has run for a while they should be quieter,

Where is the tapping coming from? top end or bottom end? could be valve clearances, if you dont tension the cam drive gear it also makes the valve train noisier

Where is the tapping coming from? top end or bottom end? could be valve clearances, if you dont tension the cam drive gear it also makes the valve train noisier

i all so have this with my fored engine! its nose when cold but goes when hot (well not As nosey) when u say tension the top end how do u meen? as my nose is top end :(

i know the person you brought it from thats all, its tapped since he got the engine done. its def not piston slap cause i got the same forged bits and mine taps at start (minor) then goes once warm. but i noticed on that engine it taps and taps lol. its a head jobby either cams,or tappets me thinks.

my forge is 10k old was always noisy, just rebuilt her and added some more goodies, still tappy. nature of the beast boys. if its alot from the top try tensioning the cam gear is a simple job but not for the unconfident as you have to drop the timing belt and whip ot the cams, again no biggy just makes noise it cant cause damage. piston slap is very normal for forged engines too but sounds more desiel engine than slappy. post a vid of it running makes it easier to help you out :(