ive been stupid :( car frozen

my car is sat at my mates house as it was left there and ive been snowed in, and stupidly when i changed the rad when i fitted my td04 we didnt put proper coolant just water but i never remembered to change it and as a consequence my radiator is now an ice block
:p
now my engine block is probably fucked but just gona let it all defrost naturally and see how i get on

really pissed off about this and im annoyed ive been so stupid tbh as i really do take care of everything else regulary and cant believe i forgot this!

where are the frost plugs on these? isit a case of taking the whole engine out to replace them in the block or check them?

im going to get a heater and thaw it all out naturally and see how it is....probably looking at a new engine i rekon, so pissed off right now. any other tips for me? its only been frozen for like a day so hopefully i havent done serious damage, but has anyone got any tips? i dont have access to a garage so not sure how im going to heat it up really and the weather is meant to be cold tonight but getting warmer at the weekend.

You might be lucky a heater wont do out in these temperatures your best waiting till it warms up :p or get it indoors to a heated garage or just chance it take the fan belt off so the waterpump isn't forced and start the car to dethore it but i would not recomend the last comment as theres a chance your engine is fine.

i have done this before lol, just let nature run its course but when you do get to turn the engine on make sure no water is coming out of the cam cover as that will mean its knocked a core plug out which is what mine did and forced the belt to snap lol

would water not just piss out the coreplug hole if it had fallen out an not the cam cover ?

the coreplugs on the block should all be able to be checked and replaced with the engine in the car but im not sure on where all the plugs are on these engines. there in some pretty stupid places on some engines lol.

i know that you havent but just so ya know you should never rely on core plugs or freeze plugs to save you from freeze damage :p

hope your engines alright bud and that ya dont get temps like we have here at the mo -14 :p because that wont help much

Russell

get a hair dryer on the rad hoses thermostat housing and radiator to thore it out a bit then add some coolant to the rad, then start squeezing the hoses and it will start working its way through.my car did the exact same thing the other day as ive been topping up with water due to a leaky water pump.

once you have some coolent in there it will start to defrost the icy water you have in there.

once you have done the above start the car and turn it off again as it shoud free up the water pump and move some more coolant round.

thanks for the tips lads :p

i had to use a hair dryer to soften up the rad hoses and rad water, then flushed it all through and started it and ran fine and didnt overheat with any leaks. came home did the same again and filled with coolant/anti freeze mix (halfords advanced) as i couldnt get toyotas red stuff today and started her up and its all good...

luckily there was a slight bit of coolant in there as the water was pinkish when i drained it so really it was more like slush than ice, so lesson learned...

remember coolant!

would water not just piss out the coreplug hole if it had fallen out an not the cam cover ?

the coreplugs on the block should all be able to be checked and replaced with the engine in the car but im not sure on where all the plugs are on these engines. there in some pretty stupid places on some engines lol.

i know that you havent but just so ya know you should never rely on core plugs or freeze plugs to save you from freeze damage :p

hope your engines alright bud and that ya dont get temps like we have here at the mo -14 :p because that wont help much

Russell

the coreplugs are in with the timing belt theres 3 of them in there, and when you have to put new coreplugs in its the same thing for doing the timing belt you have to take off the side engine mount, but i think you can get at them by just removing the top part of the cover cant remember 100% as i had both covers off anyway to put a new belt on