Relocating the battery...and earth terminals

Putting the battery in the boot next to give me more room in the engine bay for future mods...got the battery leads etc all good, if I tin up the positive connection from the original loom to my new lead in the boot that'll be good (could go direct to the starter but there are other things feeding off the loom) my question is about the earth.

The original earth on this car has 2 leads, one that attaches to an engine mount, which then loops to an attachment on the bodywork, this then attaches to the negative terminal. Do I NEED to earth the engine, or can I just run the neg terminal from the battery to the chassis in the boot? I'm presumming the 2 earth points are there for a reason but surely the engine makes contact with the chassis so is earthed there anyway?

Anyone electrically minded?

i have given this some thought also... when i did the engine change in the 4efe starlet i forgot to connect the earth to the gearbox mount and i believe it started no problem...

i connected it up as soon as i noticed it though which was about 2 mins.

even though, if you earth the battery to the chassis a good couple of times i cant see why ( if it defo needed the earth on the gearbox mount) you cant just run the earthing strap from the mount to the chassis?

then surely it would have a semi adiquate earth?

When we fitted the new clutch, we forgot to earth the gearbox back up, as far as i can remember we then had little faults all over the car. Confusing. Then got the earth back on and all was fine. Might have also done something else to sort out these little problems, but cant remember if we did right now.

what? leave the battery in the engine bay? I've moved it for fun but also to give me more room in the front...

Got it sorted now anyway, earth from gearbox mount to chassis in engine bay, then + run to the boot of the car, then earth from - terminal to the chassis in the boot ;)