Is there any insurance companies who insure under 21s and allow driving of other vehicles?

im with swinton insurance im 20 and have got 2002 subaru imprezza running 350bhp. costing me £2400 but its an awsome car and i just love scoobys but i a;ways wish i still had my starlet so fun and im after one again so any one selling one around wales or bristol give me a shout

Quinns used to do this but they have stopped it and its now for 25's or over. TBH this is one of the reason's why young insurance is so dear. Young lads are insuring a 1.1 saxo and driving a Evo, Skyline etc and crashing and killing themselves. Heard and read about this alot happening over here and thats the reason quinns have stopped it

Yeah and the police are born the day before.

Seriously do you not think it would be odd seeing a car insured by an older women on record being ahmmered about by a 20 year old boy?

Be sensible now.

I'm with Quinn and used to let me drive other cars so wouldn't really be fraud would it?

If he got stopped he could just say he was borrowing it for the day but still has legal insurance. But like above, if he killed someone that would be a different story? :(

My point exactly, so in essance, like a brokn pencil, pointless.

Your friend is insured on paper but in reality he wont be covered. He best not crash his 'mum's' evo!
Im covered third party on other people's cars through Flux, but then I'm 27, 7 yrs protected NCB and an Advanced Driving Licence...so i can drive your mates mums evo to the local dogging spot and give her what for.

havnt been in an EVO myself, but i was in an RB320....now THAT is one serious car.

Phil.

Edited :D

350 / 400 hp Evo's are not that special.

Erm, for someone who's used to a 150bhp Glanza I'm pretty sure they are...

do you know how much a clutch supply and change costs on an EVO ??

impreza labour, is much cheaper than EVO labour, if you are after a stamp in the book.

From a garage a lot I should expect, as with any high performance car. There's gonna be a premium on any work you do to it. I know from experience it takes about 4hrs start to finish if theres two of you doing it and your working flat out! Getting the box back in was the hardest part they weigh about the same as St Paul's Cathedral i swear! Read my earlier posts, any minor work that needed doing would be done by me and him. Major engine stuff (heaven forbid) would just be sent down to API in Harbury. My theory is if he can afford it on less wages then why can't I?

Meanwhile back at the ranch... looking at my original post it would appear from the responses that there isn't really anyone who covers under 21s anymore then?

And LOL at Sparky :D

labour cost for an evo is the main reason i never bought one as my toy when i bought the starlet instead.

im sure misibushi quote 16 hours labour for a clutch change, thats at £50 an hour, then parts ontop, obviously a service is a home job, but if you wanna command a decent sell on price, big jobs are garage jobs imho.

oh and just because your mate earns less than you means nothing with regards to how much he can afford to do it, after all, its his mums car, your buying your own one remember.

Yeah he said they quote some long ass labour time on it! In my eyes, as long as the receipt is there for the clutch, and mileage of the car at the time then thats good enough for me :D

No no, its his "Mums" car. He paid for it, but its registered to his Mum.

Your missing the point of finding a company that lets me drive other vehicles third party... The car would be my Mums, then I would be insured on a different car say for example my Glanza S that Ive got now for like £1300 fully comp lets say... then insure my Mum on the Evo which would be about £400 and voila I'm insured to drive an Evo 5 at 20yrs old for like £1700 lol ;)

yes i think you are right

i was led to belive that if you have a fully comp policy (regardless of the provider), any other car you drive will be covered third party on your policy.

be aware the other car has to be insured too but not by yourself.

hope i explained that in a fathomable way!!!!!!

i was led to belive that if you have a fully comp policy (regardless of the provider), any other car you drive will be covered third party on your policy.

be aware the other car has to be insured too but not by yourself.

hope i explained that in a fathomable way!!!!!!

not true it is totaly down to the provider most will do it over age 21 some are 25 now