Well i have just finished changing the oil on my starlet, i started at 12.00! what a bastard it was. First of all i played hide and seek with the oil filter for about half an hour until i gave up looking and come on here and found out where it was. After that i took of my bov ant tried to take the intake pipe off from the turbo to tryand get my hand to it, but that didn't work. Then after about 3 hours i worked out if i undone the 4 bolts which hold the aircon pump in place and the 2 bolts which hold the aircon bracket in place you can get your hands in to unscrew it! finally 4 hours later all oil replaced with fully synthetic oil and new trd filter in place, and engine put back together lol. Thank god that is over.

Its easy enough when the aircon pump is out of your way. I was using a strap which is attached to a socket, and then you use your rachet to tighten the strap untill the filter becomes loose.

Well i am going out on the piss now, so happy new year to every one and i hope you all have a good night speak to you in 2007 jon.

Phils guide to changing the oil and oil filter in an n/a:

1. Buy new oil and filter (halfords and auto factors respectively)

2. Put car in garage and locate trolley jack (WATCH THE SKIRTS WATCH THE SKIRTS!!!)

3. Locate younger brother

4. Leave younger brother to it while u drink coffee and watch Scrubs

5. Pat younger brother on the back for doin such a fine job

6. Remove car from garage.

;) B):DB) aaahhhhh the joy of having a younger brother who's more mechanically minded than me!!!

Phil.

Phils guide to changing the oil and oil filter in an n/a:

1. Buy new oil and filter (halfords and auto factors respectively)

2. Put car in garage and locate trolley jack (WATCH THE SKIRTS WATCH THE SKIRTS!!!)

3. Locate younger brother

4. Leave younger brother to it while you drink coffee and watch Scrubs

5. Pat younger brother on the back for doin such a fine job

6. Remove car from garage.

:p:p:p:p aaahhhhh the joy of having a younger brother who's more mechanically minded than me!!!

Phil.

;) B) Quality :DB)

Yeah i felt like that aswell, i had the car up on my uncles ramps when i done it so it wasn't that bad. Have ordered a smaller belt from the toyota dealer so i can remove the aircon when that comes ;) and have ordered a new rocker cover gasket so i can paint that aswell. The alloys are on hold for a few weeks because i had to use the money for them to fit an alarm! fucking chavas B)

i've got a mate who does it too, i'm hopeless when it comes to stuff like that, i'd just get pissed off and smash the cunt off with a hammer ;)

Good ol' mild mannered harry! B):D

What you need is the toyota geniune oil filter removal tool.

I was gonna sell mine on here but it works for my mazda filter also B)