seat belt harness bar

i have recently purchase some seats and want to get a 4 point harness, however i dont know where to start with by securing the harness to? i want to be able to use my rear seats so attaching them to my rear strut bar is not going to work,

i want to know where you girls/guys have secured yours to and would like some pics please.

I am thinking of getting a floor bar if i can attach it to that, but someone mentioned to me that its too low?

i have also seen a seat belt harness bar on ebay but cant find one for starlets, link below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Seat-Belt-H...sQ5fAccessories

:unsure:

but come to think of it, the bar would be fixed so unless its a 5door any passengers getting into the back would have to limbo under the bar into the back seats, so it wouldnt be the best. the main reason for them is to keep the harnesses at the same height as your shoulders.

^^^^RW Developments will be doing them at some point i believe, so no permission will be granted to a group buy that would detract from the products of our traders, sorry dude.

the reason i wouldnt fix my harnesses to a strut is the same reason i wouldnt fix them to the c-pillar bar - in an accident, you're putting all your eggs into those 3 or 4 or 5 threads of the nuts/bolts holding the brace in position, or for the c-pillar bar, the threads between the ball joints and the horizontal bar itself. front end smash...all your weight on maybe 6 threads in the c-pillar joints, no thanks.

much safer to mount the eye-bolts into the stock seat belt bolt holes in the car. thats where i have mine and MOT here are happy with them as its a factory seat belt mount point.

Phil.

^^^^RW Developments will be doing them at some point i believe, so no permission will be granted to a group buy that would detract from the products of our traders, sorry dude.

Not to worry..if my mate pulls it off the offer will be there if RW Developments doesn't make then :)

ive got mine in the rear seat belt hole at the top wear the c-pillar bar go,s is that ok?

if the eye bolt is threaded in all the way into the stock hole yeah it should be.

its the idea of looping the actual harness material itself around the bars that im saying wouldnt be too safe as the bars aren't mounted THAT strongly to the car. yes, rally guys sometimes loop them around the roll cage but thats different, chances are thats welded in or bolted in with big f**k off bolts, not wee piddly 14mm girl pants things.

also - i am by no means an authority on this stuff folks, i could be off on a point or two, but i think the logic stands.

Phil.