will these fit??

its not a particularly wide rim being only 7inch wide but with the low offset the front might catch on hard turning and the back might rub if you have passengers.

they wont rub in daily use unless you run on coilovers slammed type thing. you can run very low in ride height and not have issues but to do so you would have to run the coilovers on a very hard rebound setting.

Panhard rob is a must if going lower then 30/40mm as it really does munch the tracking of the rear.

Basically you would need a panhard rod and personally rolling doesn't cost much, get a nice flair on the arches and roll low and slow :(

its not a particularly wide rim being only 7inch wide but with the low offset the front might catch on hard turning and the back might rub if you have passengers.

they wont rub in daily use unless you run on coilovers slammed type thing. you can run very low in ride height and not have issues but to do so you would have to run the coilovers on a very hard rebound setting.

Panhard rob is a must if going lower then 30/40mm as it really does munch the tracking of the rear.

Basically you would need a panhard rod and personally rolling doesn't cost much, get a nice flair on the arches and roll low and slow :(

thanks for all the help lads its helped me very much in my future decisions : ) coilys + low offset + panhard rod = win!!!!

i will start saving now

Shouldn't catch - I had +7 offset wheels on the rear of my car, granted its not a Starlet, but uses the same offset. I would only get rubbing on some suspension compression, otherwise it am fine

Of course they will catch.

I had ET32 offset Advan RG's on my Glanza, 15x7" and even though the rear arches were rolled, they were grinding like mad. ET20 will be sticking out an extra 12mm, they will rub a LOT more.

You can get away with the fronts by using wider fenders, I have ET10 offset Rotas on my Glanza fitted with my fenders. They won't rub a lot, but the rears will be going mental. I'm planning on having the arches flared and will probably set the coilovers to the hardest setting to it's less likely so bounce much and catch the arch.

Georgie what offset and width are your grids?

Would a 38-40 offset 15x8" rim rub?

they are et40, width is 7 i had the rear arches rolled with 20mm hubcentric spacers and rsr panhard rod fitted, all perfect, got 50mm profile tyres and it doesnt rub :(

One more thing, did you just get spacers for the back?

If so how did affect handling being wider at the back?

yep i bought 20mm hubcentric spacers and yes they are just on the back, handling is absolutely fine infact id say its that bit better as its abit wider at the rear now